LNER/BR(E) Route Availability and buffer beam classification/shed transfers

Does anyone know if there is a supplier of transfers for cabside route availability (e.g. RA 5) and bufferbeam classifications (e.g J-6) and even possibly buffer beam shed allocations (e.g. Colwick). It would be nice to finish off my J6  (see photo).

Thanks in advance

Clem

post-15879-0-03131600-1375017454_thumb.jpg

HMRS yellow LNER sheet has class designations and some shed names. No idea re RA decals perhaps one of the BR sheets ?

Cheers Mick. Many thanks for the info regarding classifications and sheds. I'll get a sheet in. I have the HMRS BR sheet but it doesn't have route availability. The most frustrating thing is that I've already found a solution in the past as it is on another of my models (another J6 as a matter of fact) completed a few years ago. Can't remember how I did it though! (Memory loss through Agecreep?) It does have MT P and F and A - I wonder if I hacked the P to make it R....? Well I guess that would be a solution.

Thanks again.

Clem

Clem.

Modelmaster transfers have the RA on some of their sheets.

Their website is;- http://www.modelmasterdecals.com/

Andy

Ah cheers Andy that's great. I'll try and follow that one up tomorrow. You know this is a great site when you're a lone modeller, as opposed to a club. Lots of people, like yourself and Mick above, willing to help.

Many thanks

Clem

One of the HMRS sheets has the RA numbers as well.  I find the Modelmaster ones too big.  I'd have said it was the BR loco sheet, but if you've already looked perhaps it's somewhere else.

HMRS yellow LNER sheet has class designations and some shed names. No idea re RA decals perhaps one of the BR sheets ?

Hmm. The RA numbers are definitely not on my sheet 14. Maybe it's because my sheets date from some years ago. Good news is that I've found an old LNER sheet 4A and there are sheds and classifications on there. Bad news is that due to the reverse writing and the white background, even with magnifying glass I can't tell whether Colwick is there. I can definitely identify Doncaster, Wakefield, Goole, Keith and Lincoln. There doesn't seem to be any separate detailed info on what's on each of the sheets which is a shame.

Remove decal sheet from backing sheet and then place onto backing sheet loose .It is then the "right" way up. It is then easy then to cut out letters etc as required.

Just looked at a 4a sheet Colwick is not on there . You could always have a "breakdown" as you cut individual letters out from the other names and make it up yourself !!

Easiest way to view, is to placethe decals sheet over black plastic , be careful as letters will stick to plastic. You will not get them off again without destroying the sheet .

Remove decal sheet from backing sheet and then place onto backing sheet loose .It is then the "right" way up. It is then easy then to cut out letters etc as required.

Just looked at a 4a sheet Colwick is not on there . You could always have a "breakdown" as you cut individual letters out from the other names and make it up yourself !!

Easiest way to view, is to placethe decals sheet over black plastic , be careful as letters will stick to plastic. You will not get them off again without destroying the sheet .

Black or dark paper might be better. Less likely to stick!

I am sure the RA's are on the HMRS BR sheet, but the RA's are separate from the numbers. The RA's are, from memory at the very bottom left of the sheet near the electric warning flashes, but are really tiny! Difficult to see!

Black or dark paper might be better. Less likely to stick!

If you use paper you might as well throw them straight in the bin. Plastic being shiny allows some give to allow the decals to lift/release away off the plastic, but not a lot !!

I am sure the RA's are on the HMRS BR sheet, but the RA's are separate from the numbers. The RA's are, from memory at the very bottom left of the sheet near the electric warning flashes, but are really tiny! Difficult to see!

Thanks Mick and Andy, No Colwick... why am I not surprised! Looks like I'm going to have fun putting that together :-) - Andy - I've just looked at both Pressfix and Methfix sheet 14s and neither seem to have the RAs on. I've looked where you suggested. They were bought some years ago so might have been a later addition. I do need to get some new ones anyway as I've used up all the 6's :-)

If you use paper you might as well throw them straight in the bin. Plastic being shiny allows some give to allow the decals to lift/release away off the plastic, but not a lot 

If you use paper you might as well throw them straight in the bin. Plastic being shiny allows some give to allow the decals to lift/release away off the plastic, but not a lot !!

I am talking as a contrasting background, not to put the transfers onto as I am sure that is what you meant by the plastic.

Try Fox Transfer.

Go to http://www.fox-transfers.co.uk/products.cgi?categoryid=139&ordernumber=989555197375&pagenumber=2&limitfrom=50

Item FRH4355/20 & 21.

It might be worth contacting Fox to see if Colnwick is on one of the sheets.

The link above is not going to the LNER 4mm page, so you will have to search by the reference numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Clem,

As a boy born in Arnold, though long exiled, for your smokebox shedcodes, 38A for Colwick, look under Modelmaster BR area shedcodes, area 37, which has all of the 38 area sheds in ready to go waterslide form. I have a sheet of bufferbeam waterslide codes too, will look it out tomorrow, I thought it was M/master. but can't see it on their website. M/master do have some RA decals on their sheets, but the latest incarnation of HMRS 14 definitely does have them, you just need to look very carefully!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Hi Clem,

As a boy born in Arnold, though long exiled, for your smokebox shedcodes, 38A for Colwick, look under Modelmaster BR area shedcodes, area 37, which has all of the 38 area sheds in ready to go waterslide form. I have a sheet of bufferbeam waterslide codes too, will look it out tomorrow, I thought it was M/master. but can't see it on their website. M/master do have some RA decals on their sheets, but the latest incarnation of HMRS 14 definitely does have them, you just need to look very carefully!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Cheers Peter,

Arnold ay? My brother used to go to Henry Mellish school and his best mate Dave Hill came from Arnot Vale and used to catch the Basford North-Nottm Vic via Daybrook, train every day, as far as Daybrook. I've still got some old records of theirs, trainspotting at Arnot Vale in 1955.

Thanks for the transfer information - I'll be following it up over the next few days or so. (Actually, will need to wait til end of month as it's been a heavy month financially). where abouts in Oz are you?

• 4 weeks later...

Clem.

Did you track down the transfers?

Andy.

Hi Andy, thanks for asking. To be Honest, the Summer has been full of other things and the layout has had to take a back seat. Hope to be back on to it within next 2 weeks though. Couldn't find anyone who did a 'Colwick' but the J-6 part can be done. It's funny how things take you off doing the layout. My brother's recently gone into sheltered accommodation and my sister and myself have been up to the neck in clearing and sorting out his old house! Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, I hope to be back on the case soon.

Archived