T Cut v's Autoglym ?

Hi people :)

My car need's polishing
I want to get some renumbering done but can't get in touch with my paint/weathing man. Therefore was thinking of having a go at it myself.
I hear T Cut is good for removing factory numbers. However I don't have any at hand, so was thinking of using Autoglym. Would that be ok, or would it leave some kind of residue? Or would it maybe even be too powerful and take the paint underneath away too?
Thanks in advance ;)

I tried the cocktail stick (both dry and with turpentine and even rubbing alcohol) method a few years ago on a large logo Hornby Class 50 (and even on a blue Bachmann 37 if I remmeber correctly) with unsatisfactory results as it also took the paint beneath off.... :dontknow:

I use micro mesh sets  .I can remove the old number/logo  easily .If its a matt surface I can match  it using various grades and same for gloss .very useful .I  bought it donkeys years ago and even used it to polish up a nitro  guitar finish .It never seems to wear out .i also removed a complete 0n30 locos worth of wolf artwork from a Hawthorn Village Bachmann 2-6-0 with it .

I use micro mesh sets  .I can remove the old number/logo  easily .If its a matt surface I can match  it using various grades and same for gloss .very useful .I  bought it donkeys years ago and even used it to polish up a nitro  guitar finish .It never seems to wear out .i also removed a complete 0n30 locos worth of wolf artwork from a Hawthorn Village Bachmann 2-6-0 with it .

More details of the product please? Do I take it they're not to be found in the ladies' hosiery department?

The Nim.

Archived