Parkway Station and Engineers Yard (modern image)

Swifty11

Hi!

Welcome to the new, new, new, new layout topic! 3rd time lucky, 4th thread lucky lol! As you may/may not know my original new layout, Parkway container terminal, is no longer happening because of many reasons... And this is the replacement!The layout is 00 Gauge and the overall length of the layout is 15ft long by 2ft deep, however i'm trying to get planning permission for an extension to build the wagon repair bit so that it frees up more space (puppy eyes at ready) which will go on the back wall. (the other end to the picture) This will be the first layout I will have built myself as my dad insisted on doing most things on the track laying, adding cork and ballasting of the other layout. So this is my big project. Heres a few pictures of the layout's progress so far...

8522969721_0cbee0906f_c.jpg

It is made up of 3 5ft by 2ft boards and then if planning permission is granted another 4ft by 2ft board will be built which will have a warehouse which will have 60s, 66s and 67 delivering ferry wagons, VGAs and steel.

The bridge has already been built and is almost ready (once fitted with blue brick embossed plasticard it will be ploncked)

9362228829_de8bbf2773_c.jpg

Well, there is most of the progress on Parkway in 1 post (which took up about 5 page, shows how much I've done lately laugh.png)

There will be a station at the back (the far right arch) which can hold up to a 5 car voyager, the station will be Northern or London Midland and will have Arriva, East Midlands, Northern, London Midland and if I ever get round to buying a voyager!) Virgin trains services... As the yard is right next to a yard and at the end of a line, (just off the west coast mainline) it will see plenty of charters.

The yard itself will be served by DBS/EWS, Freightliner HH, Colas, DRS (as they have took over quite a few engineers working from DBS (one of which passes me) and maybe DCR working a wagon move or something or a grid with Railvac.

There will also be Network Fail test trains and tampers arriving and departing for crew changes etc etc...

So I hope you enjoy watching the layout progress and hopefully I won't change my mind this time!!

Thanks for reading and 'follows' and 'likes' are much appreciated! smile.png

Tom

I

As I'm having problems deciding, visit page 2

There will also be Network Fail test trains and tampers arriving and departing for crew changes etc etc...

Although it's N Gauge, you should probably look at this thread:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/61710-3d-printed-n-gauge-pendolino-and-on-track-plant/page-7

Some really good OTP on there...

Looking forward to seeing the progress, from experience, building an infrastructure yard is great fun, and the research is quite absorbing, I read back issues of Rail express for cracking info on the test train formations,

Should you be interested, I have kept a few sets of thin plasticard overlays which I stuck to various mk2 and mk 1 stock for the test trains, they are FOC as I am now all yellowed out, and moving onto pastures new, images of them are on the site if you searc under sanatorium road.

Good luck with the layout, will follow progress.

Paul.

Well, 

Planning permission for the wagon repair depot has been granted and ive been testing it for alignment with the rest of the layout.

Havent done much layout wise for a week or so, haven't had time, better update coming soon... Also what do we think of the new signature? :jester:

Have you started the building yet Swifty?? lots of picys :no:  :locomotive:

Well... I'm enjoying the sunshine on holiday so can't really do much, my baseboard builder a.k.a my grandad is building me a new board as I have gained planning permission for an extension

Looking good, look forward to seeing the new new new plan develop

David

Thanks very much David, only just got your comment, iPads gone a bit weird

a very good start so far mate.looking forwards to it progressing.

terry

Thanks Terry, youvebuilt most of a layout, trashed part of it and rebuilt it in the time its taken me to change my mind lol

looks good so far :)

Looking good so far!!

Looking good chap:)

New signature looks good,

David

Thanks very much

Tom

Looking forward to seeing the progress, from experience, building an infrastructure yard is great fun, and the research is quite absorbing, I read back issues of Rail express for cracking info on the test train formations,

Should you be interested, I have kept a few sets of thin plasticard overlays which I stuck to various mk2 and mk 1 stock for the test trains, they are FOC as I am now all yellowed out, and moving onto pastures new, images of them are on the site if you searc under sanatorium road.

Good luck with the layout, will follow progress.

Paul.

Only just seen your comment.

I really like your layouts in particular Waun Gron Parkway, of it's ever up for sale again and you know of it please let me know, like that layout a lot. And your steel layout, looks nice! :)

I'll have a look for them, I'm planning on doing a few yellow test trains so they will be of help

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice. Is that the NRM special?

Cheers

Sam

Thanks Sam, yes it is!

:)

Little update, can you help guys?

I'm after a class 87 in virgin livery for my other layout (see signature) and if you have one available that you would part with please send me a PM

For full details see here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/classifieds/item/2525-limahornby-class-87-in-virgin-trains-livery-may-be-a-repaint/

Thanks for the kind comments, have since built another layout and plans are afoot for the next, so definitely no more yellow, just send a message if the coach sides are of interest, they are FOC , happy to help.

Thanks! I will do in the near future!

Quick update! Done a bit on the other layout today as I can't really crack in with Parkway as the bridge isn't done yet...

Here's a few pics of it before heading back to grandad...

9902188243_9af0184cf0_z.jpg

What do we think?

Tom  :senile:

Archived