Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Bexham south coast N gauge DCC

shreives

I agree, it looks great so far, should be a brilliant little layout once all the small details are added. Should provide lots of operating interest for such a small layout too.  

Layouts like this always inspire me to do something similar myself, but that would mean progress on the big layout would be delayed.

Yes, keep the updates coming as I would also like to see more.

Hector

• Like 1

Thanks for all your comments guys. I'm looking forward to taking delivery of Bexham as it said at the start my brother (shanks522) has built the layout I can't take any credit for it at all and many thanks go to him for this. The reason being I had to sell Stuart's lane due to finacial reasons and most of my stock which he had most of. So in return he has built the layout for me so I can run the few bits I kept hold of. I will try and keep it updated as often as I can as and when progress is made.

One more of the 37 which is my brothers not mine but I really like this shot

post-3608-0-72504600-1375768218_thumb.jpg

Stuart

• Like 8

Just a little update the rest of the platform has now been ballasted . The signal at the end of platform 1 has also been filled in now and some spear fencing has been added up by the road bridge I will try and get some pictures soon

Stuart

I managed to nip over and get some pictures of Bexham last night .

So as promised the pictures showing the few bits of progress

The station has been ballasted

post-3608-0-73372400-1376045986_thumb.jpg

The spear head fencing has been put in along the road

post-3608-0-42893500-1376046405_thumb.jpg

I will get a shot of the signal in the platform when it has been painted .

The first passenger train also arrived at Bexham last night in the form of a 411 CEP but had to be propelled in due to there being no 3rd rail yet .

411 CEP train engine has gone off for its next duty

post-3608-0-88019400-1376047678_thumb.jpg

Several hours later 47492 makes its way from the yard to take the cep back out

post-3608-0-31031700-1376047851_thumb.jpg

A quick close up of 47492 before it heads off to take the CEP out

post-3608-0-87199800-1376048990_thumb.jpg

Stuart

• Like 8

Thanks Steve hopefully work will progress abit quicker soon. I was helping my my brother at the bexhill show on Saturday with smithdown rd junction and it has made me just wanna start playing now haha.

Thanks porkie I have to agree the 47 is my favourite shot aswell when we get abit more sun I will try and get some more pictures in the garden

Stuart

Iv managed to get abit of weathering done on some POAs after work today I'm quite happy with how they've turned out so far a few areas need abit of touching up but overall I'm happy these ones so far

post-3608-0-10202200-1376322855_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-54602200-1376322889_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-45765700-1376322934_thumb.jpg

Any questions or criticism please just say thanks

Stuart

• Like 4

Hi Steve thank you very much. They have had a wash is with sleep grime and frame dirt mixed with thiners then wiped off to leave it in all the creases then I have touched them all up with weathering powders hope that helps

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all not much progress to report I'm affraid.

The platforms have been sanded back and received another coat of grey paint. Hopefully we can get some sort of station building together soon so we can get the details added to that and also try and get a building to fill the gap in the middle behind the station.

Stock wise has just consisted of keeping stuff running on the rolling road I still need to get a chip for my res 47 .

I have also managed to acquire a lovely gf 2 car 108 in blue & grey livery which I hope to one day get this resprayed into nse livery . I also have a blue & grey BG on the way to go in with the mail train I just need to get the chip for the 108 and 47 now .

Stuart

Hi mark thanks very much not to sure how we are going to do that at the moment we are looking at different options but I think it is going to have to be a peace of fine scale rail glued to the right height and space it will certainly take time to do it but there's no rush.

Thanks Cornish trains Jez with space and money being an issue these days small and compact is certainly the way I'm going at the moment

Stuart

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stuart

Great looking layout with lots of potential.  A few years ago I made some budget third rail by knocking in some fine pins very gently next to every 6th sleeper, then soldering some Code 40 rail to the top of them.  Removed, drilled holes where the pin's points had left marks, then threaded on fine beads (from Haberdashers) to be the insulation pots before pushing into place next to the track.

Looked OK though the pots should have been on the end of the sleepers but I wasn't sure if the track would hit bogie sideframes in that position.  You may want to experiment to see if you can do that better than I did.

Please keep the updates coming!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1

Not much to report at the moment. I have been thinking over the last couple of days about the layout running on dcc I do have every intention of making Bexham a dcc layout but at the moment I feel that it is going to have to be run on dc for the time being.

This evening I have been running in my newly aquired gf 108 and a Dapol weathered Dutch 73 . I do like an eBay bargain :)

post-3608-0-66153500-1378142052_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-38768500-1378142161_thumb.jpg

Stuart

• Like 4