'Abbot's Mead' (Testbed)

georgeT

Hi, Well this is my next project a nice little compact test track and maintenance plank, in the past while building my loco's, its a pain to get out the rolling road bits and pieces to test a loco, and to see if it runs over points etc, problem solved, (Hopefully) with everything l need on one board, pictures of the rolling road fitted to one end....GT

post-7716-0-57764100-1375949186_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-02716200-1375949193_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-91659600-1375949248_thumb.jpg

Hello Stuart, It is 60" x 14" very compact, and can stand on end next to my bench,  it will be great for running loco's on test, also l had a spare gaugemaster controller, so l fixed that to the side as well, l don't know why l bothered with the ballast, but l had some in a jar and thought why not, it's a bit on the large size but it will do,  l will even put some grass on later just to give me background to take photo's on,   

l remember me and Bodgit went to Halifax a few year's ago, and there was this guy who had made some lovely Southern loco's and had them all on show, and running them on a similar test track. l think it's great if you haven't got room for a layout after all we just want to see them move ?

GT

post-7716-0-72599600-1375956849_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-98150800-1375956854_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-50181900-1375956883_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-52125800-1375956888_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-64269900-1375956892_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that george t the overall shot looks really good. I know what you mean about space I have very limited space. I had to sell my last layout and most of my stock to raise funds but now things are on the up and a new and smaller layout has been built but funds are still tight so it's saving for a while now or eBay for me . I agree with the ballast and grass idea to give you the photo background I will keep watching with great interest keep up the great work

Stuart

That looks really good mate, a wall along the back :O  and a road bridge at each end, :no:  :no:  add a shed, :nono: another siding :O  :no:  and a Canal, :O  finished with a nice row of Terreced Houses on top of the wall. :nono:

Great Stuff Mate. :sungum:

Bodgit :stinker:

• RMweb Gold

Hi George,

That looks a smashing idea, just right for "testing" :)

Ignore that Bodgit bloke, he doesn't know when to stop! :D

Before you know it, he'll be suggesting a fiddle yard at each end as well...

Hmmmmm.....Plankton......

Joking aside, that looks a good idea. Just need to break a little of the LGB out and get a rolling road for it and Mrs Goldfish can get very upset with me. At what point does adding scenery make it stop being a test plank?

• RMweb Premium

Hi George,

That looks a smashing idea, just right for "testing" :)

Ignore that Bodgit bloke, he doesn't know when to stop! :D

Before you know it, he'll be suggesting a fiddle yard at each end as well...

Neither did we - our test track became 'av a go....at track laying...ballasting....scenics....buildings....populating... weathering...detailing....playing trains...operating....exhibiting....

....fiddle yard?...Might av a go at that too...though the kids at exhibition are so determined to drive the trains through the (closed off) tunnel, they're bound to break through sooner or later.... :banghead:

so...warning GT....watch out....or....you too will have another fully developed layout... :laugh:

Polly

Morning Duncan, Bodgit, Alistair, Satin's Goldfish & Polly,  Thank you all very much for dropping in and your kind comment's, what Bodgit has forgotten to mention was the runway for my collection of jumbo jet's (hahaha), l can't believe how much l have used it already, had  'Abbot's Bridge'  for age's and never used it at all, it's because 'Plankton' is so easy to get out and put away, will do more scenic's today after l have measured up for the container port, hahaha

GT

Well l have started to build the scenery up with extra flock l saved from my last '00' project 'Marlbury' knew they would come in handy one day, using all the tip's picked up from Bodgit.....

GT

post-7716-0-99241000-1376040417_thumb.jpg

Plodge it, Plonk it, Bodge it, Leave it, DONE IT.

Bodgit.

P.S. I forgot to say that it is looking really good mate. I have a whole garage layout to do soon so Jeff can  come down and do the woodwork, Al the Ballasting and YOU THE GRASS, :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  job done, feet up, cup of coffee and watch the trains go by. :O

hahhaaaa

Bodgit again :sungum:

Morning Bodgit,  Well 'Plankton' is nearly finished now, just adding a little bit of grass here and there, but it's all done now so looking for my next venture, possibly a nice little through country station in 00 ? looking for inspiration at the moment..

GT

George

Really like Plankton. Nice and simple but has everything to test the locos and a little bit of scenic for interest. :sungum:  :locomotive:

Although I do have one concern. You may end up with the 'Bodgit speedy layout build bug' :scared:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Duncan

Morning Duncan. No l don't think so, as 'Plankton' was only ever meant to be a test bed for my '0' gauge, but it has also been an excuse to try out other thing's, 'bodgit' has slowed down a bit, as he is busy packing all his train's away in boxes ready for the house move.

GT

This was only meant to be a test track ? now l am going to build a small shed / hut in the foreground and more scenery, and then a fiddle yard ? no no someone stop me please. hahaha  

GT

STOP, :O or you will blame me as a bad influence. :no: AGAIN :nono:

We will have a look at nice little 6ft x 2 ft Southern Steam Depot this weekend so you can photograph your Bulleids, M7, N's etc.

Bodgit :sungum:

P.S. Polly and Ray will set you right :no: :no: :no: :no:

It was hard to hold back, and spend no money on a nice 'oo' gauge loco, as there is so much to choose from these day's, but l have so much left to do with 'Plankton' at the moment, when it's finished maybe then will l venture down the 'oo' road...

George

Archived