'Abbot's Mead' (Testbed)

georgeT

• RMweb Gold

What are you two hatching now? :D

George, I thought you were going to add things to Plankton, or are you copying Bodgit and going to have LOTS of layouts all at the same time?

Looking forward to seeing whatever you do.

Cheers,

Al.

Evening Al,  l think 'Plankton' is all finished now, l keep on adding little bits and bobs just to use up the spare 0 gauge bits l have, with the '00' project l fancy doing will be a collection of buildings a nice single road engine shed with a water tower on top at the back, a nice station building almost like the one l built for Bodgits  'Trebudoc'  a goods shed / cattle dock and a signal box, all based somewhere on the Great Western in the 1950s, so l am researching to find the building l want, a trip on the SVR has planted the seed, 

Also l have bought a Ex-GWR 45xx class, in BR Green to start with, just need to get two nice coaches to go with it, as l feel the need for something different in my life, l will still be building locos in 0 gauge, but l dont have room for a decent layout, thats why l am going to model '00'

George..

Hi mate, you just need a 4575, a couple of Panniers and if you are modelling the West Midlands you can add a Jinty or Two.

PLUS 4 or 5 Standards, a Hall, Collett, Manor, and your favorite 9F. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Bodgit :sungum:

You never change do you 'Bodgit'  it wont be long before you will have double-headed 9f's on a sixty wagon coal train hahaha, what l want is a nice little branch line terminus in 00, with nice little tank locos of GWR and SR origins, and two or three passenger trains a day, and some light goods, and a china clay movement once a day, will probably call it 'Grundy Street'  ?

George

You never change do you 'Bodgit'  it wont be long before you will have double-headed 9f's on a sixty wagon coal train hahaha, what l want is a nice little branch line terminus in 00, with nice little tank locos of GWR and SR origins, and two or three passenger trains a day, and some light goods, and a china clay movement once a day, will probably call it 'Grundy Street'  ?

George

Sounds to me very much like my original idea of Bute Road, but in BR days, I can't wait till you get started, why not copy a plan of a Devon / Cornwall Terminus to get a prototypical looking track plan?

Bodgit :sungum:

Hello Andrew, Thanks for that l will have a look at the track plan,

Today l have added some water facilities for my thirsty locomotives, also have made a lighting rig with three spotlights on, (£1 at the boot sale this morning) really does brighten up the area, l thought it was finished but l guess they never are there is always something to do or add on ? 

post-7716-0-52531700-1377519278_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-40858500-1377519283_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-62397000-1377519289_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-97306800-1377519294_thumb.jpg

Hello Al,    '0' gauge track is a lot easier to ballast because of the size factor, and the points are better to ballast too, but as you can see l am very restricted for a layout in the space l have, 'Abbot's Bridge'  was on two boards, and could only be set up in the garden, not very practical, so thats the reason to go back to '00'

George

Morning Bodgit,  No l think l will keep the plank as open and as simple as l can, as it will stand up along side of my workbench, if l put any buildings on it would restrict it from fitting there, l am just using all the bits l have left from 'Abbots Bridge'

l want to get on with building 'Grundy Street'  in '00' so l want to start building the station in the now standard 2mm plywood and the DAS clay, good thing is l should be able to get the whole building out of one sheet of plywood in '00'

George

Hello Bodge,  lt will be a while yet, as SWMBO wants a new bathroom, so funds are tight at the mo, anyway l have found some signs l had made for 'Abbots Mead' so have re-named the 'Plank' to 'Abbots Mead' (testbed) seems a shame to waste them ?

Now l have started to finish off all my locos for running on AM.

George

Morning Bodgit,  ln theory the branch that has the cassette on is the spur from 'Abbot's Mead' station then into the watering area then back up to the shed on the other two tracks ?  well thats the theory anyway hahaha l know what l mean hahaha.

George.

Archived