N Gauge Engineers Wagon kits on Kickstarter

Tricky-CRS

Hi All

I would like to introduce you to County Rolling Stocks Kickstarter project to develop 4 N Gauge wagon kits initially but potentially up to 12 or more.

Details are here http://kck.st/1eMKps5

The wagons to Start with are:

These will be:
GWR Tool Van CC7
GWR Sleeper Chaired Wagon T12
BR Tope ballast hopper
LMS Ballast hopper D1804 (BR Gannet)

The way Kickstarter works is that we only get the money and you charged if we reach our initial goal. But we can go over so with that in mind we have stretch goals for another 8 wagons these are:
NER Ballast Brake Van, LBSCR/SR Ballast Brake, LBSCR/SR Goods Brake Van (rebuilt to previous ballast brake and transferred to departmental use, LNER 20Ton Mac NV and the 4 variants of the BR Continuous Welded Rail train.

These are being designed for me by Wild Boar Models on RMWeb, his thread is here http://tinyurl.com/nv4bdak

• RMweb Premium

Good luck with this project Richard, I hope that it works. If it does do you have any idea of the price that these wagons will retail at later?

• RMweb Gold

Hello there,

Yes - if it's the bogie CWR train that could make it for sure.  Good one.  I saw it but wasn't sure what it was as elsewhere the text mentions 4-wheel wagons and I wondered if there was an earlier version that I was unaware of that was based on smaller wagons.

If you are looking for other 4-wheel suggestions then for engineers' wagons I'd certainly be interested in an MHA Coalfish - complete or possibly to fit on a modified PECO or Farish MGR chassis?  I'm not sure one of these is already available.  Or even the MTA which could go on the TTA chassis. 

And of course there are numerous varieties of ZCA Sea Urchins that have not yet been done; though I think all of these have now been usurped by the Falcons have they not?

Spreading the net to other 4-wheel wagons, there are the Plasmor PNAs.  A cursory examination suggests there are two different (but similar) types that could probably fit on existing Farish chassis.  I suspect the fine mesh sides might have to be etched though. 

Another one I'd be interested in is the Army type PFA as seen here: http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/P-Tops-codes/PFA-2-axle-intermodal-carriers#!/i-DZzL6xP/A This is different to the C-rail version.  There is a pewter kit for this (from PG Models, I believe) which cosmetically is excellent but when built it is very heavy and does not run well! 

Apologies if this is turning into a wishlist!

cheers

Ben A.

Just to add to what Ben said,

I'd also be interested in some MHAs - I don't think a kit has ever existed for one, whereas the MTA kit has been discontinued for years. 

There has been 3 diagrams of ZCAs produced by Ian Stoate, but they're all fairly basic too. 

N gauge "Blackadder" wagons scrap wagons could also be nice...

Paul A. 

C&S 75 ton crane set up would get my juices flowing. Probably want 2, got a little local diorama from the 70's I'd like to make.

I think I've signed on for a few quid. You can never have enough ballast wagons. Overtime has been good to me.

• RMweb Gold

Hello again

Just a thought:  I notice that you mentioned that you will be sharing plans with Wild Boar Fell between OO and N.  I noticed that he's already done the MOD PNA in OO; perhaps that might be an easy hit for N?

cheers

Ben A.

We have discussed most vehicles in both our ranges in both scales, WBM has done so many that I can not at the moment pay for them all in one hit, for example the crane he has done may become a stretch goal. If this campaign raises enough money I will develop some of the others as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I will have the prototypes of the first 4 wagons on show this weekend at The International N Gauge Show. Warwickshire Exhibition Centre, Fosse Way, Nr Leamington Spa, CV31 1XN

http://www.meridienneexhibitions.co.uk/our-events-detail.php?id=0000000003

I will be on my stand, N'Tastic Shop (number 56 & 57)

Please pop by and say hello if you are going to this event and take a closer look at the models.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kris

It could happen but does seem unlikely to unlock any of them as we still need £264 to reach base level funding.

£9500 for the crane is a long way of, I suspect people are waiting for the kits to be made available commercially, the first 4 will not be on general sale until the middle of next year.

• RMweb Gold

Hello Richard,

congratulations to reaching your first goal. Regarding the other goals.

Maybe it is possible to stretch the time period for let's say the next two or three

goals about two or three months?

Markus

Archived