Maidenhead & District Society of Railway Modellers

Xerces Fobe2

Nigel,

Isn't there a club already in this area? Marlow, Maidenhead & District MRC (http://www.mmdmrc.org.uk). I think the title of your post is a bit confusing as I clicked expecting to see information about this club. I think it was the "& District" bit in the title that confused me.

If you are planning to set up a new club then maybe you should choose a different name to avoid people like me getting confused with MMDMRC?

Just to point out, I'm not a member of either club but know a few people from MMDMRC so was expecting to see a thread related to their work.

Guy

• RMweb Gold

Nigel 

I have to agree with Guy with respect the confusion that could be generated by such a similar.

Also does our area really need or will be able to sustain yet another model railway club / society, especially as within an approximate 20 mile radius of Maidenhead there are already nearly 20 model railway societies / clubs!

Nigel 

I have to agree with Guy with respect the confusion that could be generated by such a similar.

Also does our area really need or will be able to sustain yet another model railway club / society, especially as within an approximate 20 mile radius of Maidenhead there are already nearly 20 model railway societies / clubs!

Thanks your feedback Graham and I understand where you are coming from however it would be unwise for me to go into the reasons for my proposal except to say I am not longer a member of Marlow, Maidenhead & District MRC which was my decision!

The last thing I want to is cause issues for my friends at the High Wycombe Club however in my opinion there is room for another model railway club in the Maidenhead area, however I am always receptive to other ideas!

Some very positive things are happening for me and i am going to very busy in the coming weeks so I have just floated this idea as starting point, maybe we should meet up to discuss at some point in the near future as of my ideas might be of interest to you?

Regards

Nigel

I have had feedback from others which have been mix of reponses Intersting that no one objected when DEMUTVAG was formed however a few of us were members of Marlow, Maidenhead & District MRC and we did make use of their premises at the time.

Thank to those who have taken to give constructive feedback as I have already stated I have a lot of others things that require my attention in the short term so this is not my top priority however I am still happy to receiving support/ constructive criticism form others

Nigel

Archived