1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Oi! What's wrong with Peco 100?

OK, yes, I know what's wrong with Peco 100, but I've laid too much of the damn stuff before I knew any better...

There is still a lot of exhibtionists who swear by it, Andy P prior to Jason making track for him swore by it so I believe.....

We used it on our fiddle yards, as we have a metre or two of the stuff too.......

just can't resist taking a dig at DT.........he can take it LOL.......

Enjoyed the video remember watching it brings back the memories of the sixties and seventies racing in the UK and Belgium cant do much on a bike now but watch all the races on tv,oh by the way nothing wrong with Peco 100 although I have used C&L several times and have been tempted by EM .Hopefully we will have a decent summer and you will be able to get out on you r bike.

Having seen/read, many a debate/bun fight's,on various forums and thread's, I say, each to their own, what you have choo,chosen, happy with or stuck with.

I have 100 code,along with code 75 point work, that's what I will be staying with.

I respect the choice's of other modellers' and the track work they use.

Having seen/read, many a debate/bun fight's,on various forums and thread's, I say, each to their own, what you have choo,chosen, happy with or stuck with.

I have 100 code,along with code 75 point work, that's what I will be staying with.

lly

I respect the choice's of other modellers' and the track work they use.

Mine's all 100. I have some really ancient locos I like to run occasionally. For me, OO finescale is an oxymoron. OO is so wrong that it can never be "fine" - visually better, perhaps. If one is attracted by lovely track, EM is the answer - but not for me.

Hal 

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND
  • Like 1

The Dover Town Yard, today...

attachicon.gifP1180304(1).JPG

attachicon.gifP1180305(1).JPG

Ackcherly with all that trackwork laid and in use DTY looks a pretty plausible fiddle yard to my mind already.

No, I'm forgetting - it's only a mockup :-)

dh

Not enough space, for storage in the DTY, that's why the new fiddle boards are to be built,down the side of the garage,block wall.

Is there any chance of us seeing your layout, David?

Hal

From your neck of the wood's, return rail fare is about, 101 GBPs return,  you can do it in 1. day.  ......... :drag:

Not enough space, for storage in the DTY, that's why the new fiddle boards are to be built,down the side of the garage,block wall.

From your neck of the wood's, return rail fare is about, 101 GBPs return,  you can do it in 1. day.  ......... :drag:

RAR is called David, too, isn't he. I'm easily enough confused as it is, without you nicking quotes from other posts. ;)

RAR is called David, too, isn't he. I'm easily enough confused as it is....

Me too. Not many people call me David.

I got used to it off my mum when I'd done something seriously out of order - back in the days when doodle bugs fell on us dahn in sarf Essex.

...and neither is it RAR ... JRedfer abbreviated me to a stylish RaR with just a mere suggestion of chiarascuro  ;)  While on the subject of me :sungum:   (though paradoxically  :offtopic: at one & the same time) could anyone explain by PM please, how my avatar actually works. My grandson and I spent the afternoon trying without success to re-invent Brunton's steam horse with his Meccano.

Back on topic

I reckon dt is well up there with the A team now if DTY is so overloaded he is compelled to build new storage sidings out over the channel on compacted samphire salad waste.

:yes:

dh

After been away, a few days of rest,

So,

During, the Monday night,is project night,

Temporarily, fitted a couple of item's, a lot more to do, the canopy uprights' have been resprayed,with primer,

drying and awaiting topcoat, maybe,tomorrow, then the Crafty paper transfers.

post-13585-0-38567000-1423520717_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-10820600-1423520783_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

That fourgon is managing to emulate the attractive 'well-lived in' look of a battered grey 2CV parked outside a brick built Flanders bar with a fading Dubonnet painted on the gable end.

Are you inhaling Gauloise 'bleu' tabs on Monday project nights?

:boast: <ce emocion dit "merde! 'arv left mi'beret in' boozer"

dh

Love the lit up coke machine David. All looking very good. I take it you've gone down the transfer route for the blue lines on the uprights then?

Jinty ;-)

Moorings................. :drag:

Thanks for the link to Craftycomputer paper  and the liquids to complete,the process.

I have just found this tutorial this morning....... :O  after spending hours of practice...

Close up' pics, of the recent blue banding's, is not...........really good enough for viewing.

A bottle of Klear, maybe ordered today,cannot find any in local supermarkets.

Moorings................. :drag:

Thanks for the link to Craftycomputer paper  and the liquids to complete,the process.

I have just found this tutorial this morning....... :O  after spending hours of practice...

Close up' pics, of the recent blue banding's, is not...........really good enough for viewing.

A bottle of Klear, maybe ordered today,cannot find any in local supermarkets.

Klear is no longer made/distributed and [it says on the bottle] has been replaced by pledge multi-Surface wax - brilliant floor shine

I haven't tried it yet, although I do have a bottle of the new replacement.

Would you like me to try a test surface and see what it does?  You would have to let me know what types of paint you would like to be multi-Surface Waxed.  ........    :scratchhead:

Edit = At £3.80 a throw, it might be better to test first.

Edited by jcredfer