1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

You are to be congratulated, David! - on repeatedly having the emptiest of email notifications! :jester:

Hal 'o 

I get notifications,             to tell me,         " incommunicado "

well its one clever way to avoid people working out if your lines are straight.....ROFL........

Had to do something different,        to stop you "observing",   as per.........your comment on   :O  Minsterley thread

I get notifications,             to tell me,         " incommunicado "

Had to do something different,        to stop you "observing",   as per.........your comment on   :O  Minsterley thread

With him as with you, I am always comfortable pointing out little things I think might complete the look, as I know both of you are quite aware that I admire your work. and only come and look...because i know there is always likely to be something to learn.

• Like 1

One thing that always makes me look on the platforms is the post box don't think I have seen one before .....

I agree - its these kind of idiotic....idiosins...peculiar little details that always set me off to looking around more carefully.

When I was a smug an earnest sixth former I got the school a heavily reduced subscription to the Spectator - because I'd  become an avid reader of Betjeman who  contributed a wonderfully maverick weekly column on railways for several years called 'City and Suburban' .

I learnt such a lot from JB: one never-to-be-forgotten detail was how one Liverpool Street UndergrounD station Met/District line platform had Britain's only bar counter serving directly onto an often crowded platform - where they would pull you a pint of beer irrespective of pub opening times.

We had a school trip to London (Chinley to St Pancras) where I led an expeditionary force of the older looking kids around on the Circle line and we all got served!

:offtopic:

dh

• Like 2

H.ummm   ....................................

I agree - its these kind of idiotic....idiosins...peculiar little details that always set me off to looking around more carefully.

When I was a smug an earnest sixth former I got the school a heavily reduced subscription to the Spectator - because I'd  become an avid reader of Betjeman who  contributed a wonderfully maverick weekly column on railways for several years called 'City and Suburban' .

I learnt such a lot from JB: one never-to-be-forgotten detail was how one Liverpool Street UndergrounD station Met/District line platform had Britain's only bar counter serving directly onto an often crowded platform - where they would pull you a pint of beer irrespective of pub opening times.

We had a school trip to London (Chinley to St Pancras) where I led an expeditionary force of the older looking kids around on the Circle line and we all got served!

dh

.........................   Eerr  ..................................................................................    I don't suppose    .................    it's  ..  eeerr    ......................... still there   ...........    :scratchhead:

Edited by jcredfer

That's NOT a job you want to do too often.....are you going to attack the blue strip at the same time....so as to not undo the work at a later date?

No, thats what has stopped me doing most things, around the layout, how I was to make them upright.........

The blue stripes were redone 6 weeks ago,on this platform 1,  no wish to look at them again, thanks,

But,

now I straightened the uprights on Platform 2/3, last week,  I do have to redo the blue stripes , but feel more confident with that.

Moorings     to you.

The Blue stripe has been a bit of a nightmare,  

As I stated above,I had re done platform 1, a few week' s ago, all seemed to go well.

Now, it has been pointed out,   "observed"  a few are wonky, again.

I can only put this down to gravity, down south, as they were, reasonable, after the re do.

As both platforms are on the occasional  dining table again, should I remove them,the blue stripes, altogether, or, try a different method ?

• Like 1

dh

Playing catch-up, I've given rar the top accolade for mentioning Betjeman. I just love the guy (in a strictly NH sense of course) I think I'll contact Andy Y and ask if any mention of Betjeman, anywhere, should receive an automatic, by default Craftsmanship/Clever award. I'm sure you'll all agree with me.

Hal

Playing catch-up, I've given rar the top accolade for mentioning Betjeman. I just love the guy (in a strictly NH sense of course) I think I'll contact Andy Y and ask if any mention of Betjeman, anywhere, should receive an automatic, by default Craftsmanship/Clever award. I'm sure you'll all agree with me.

Hal

:O ..........Thought it was,   a new brand of High Street, Geordie, Betting Shop's............ :drag:

Edited by David Todd

That's a shame    ...............

Moorings     to you.

The Blue stripe has been a bit of a nightmare,  

As I stated above,I had re done platform 1, a few week' s ago, all seemed to go well.

Now, it has been pointed out,   "observed"  a few are wonky, again.

I can only put this down to gravity, down south, as they were, reasonable, after the re do.

As both platforms are on the occasional  dining table again, should I remove them,the blue stripes, altogether, or, try a different method ?

..................   Maybe it was Winchester's Earthquake, yesterday, that did it  ...........    :scratchhead:

Ok - back OT  ....   how about a Fibre-Tipp Pen for the blue lines?  You might be able to get them the same level by doing one side at a time and laying them in a row, with a straight-edge on them  .....

thinking about that, are they actually all at the same level on DP, or did the painter guestimate and slap a blue line at approx the right height?

That's a shame    ...............

..................   Maybe it was Winchester's Earthquake, yesterday, that did it  ...........    :scratchhead:

Ok - back OT  ....   how about a Fibre-Tipp Pen for the blue lines?  You might be able to get them the same level by doing one side at a time and laying them in a row, with a straight-edge on them  .....

thinking about that, are they actually all at the same level on DP, or did the painter guestimate and slap a blue line at approx the right height?

post-13585-0-65516200-1422439167.jpg

• Like 4