1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Spelling typo was down to using the IPAD, apologies, I was vacuuming the MAC which had got a bit dusty. Has anyone found a good use for vacuum cleaner dust? Surely it must be useful on a layout? Except the dog fur!!! The birds get that for their nests.

• Like 1

Exiting West of Shakespeare Tunnel, 37/  Electrostar.  heading for entry to Abbotscliffe Tunnel,

I am standing in the road tunnel entrance, Above shakey tunnel west portals, below to the right of the track's, is what is left of Shakespeare Halt

post-13585-0-46577700-1422648252_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-37137600-1422648256_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-57919100-1422648258_thumb.jpg

In this pic, you can see where the two base boards join........

post-13585-0-20459200-1422648261_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Spelling typo was down to using the IPAD, apologies, I was vacuuming the MAC which had got a bit dusty. Has anyone found a good use for vacuum cleaner dust? Surely it must be useful on a layout? Except the dog fur!!! The birds get that for their nests.

You sure you have the right thread Jaz  ?

I love that salty samphire stuff - but its really expensive in Fenwicks posh food corner.

Next time can you hoe some up to hoy up here mail order please? :good_mini:

dh

What is in a name ?  dh.

This pic, gives a better idea of where I was standing yesterday,at the entrance/exit of the road access tunnel through the cliffs,to the A20.

This road tunnel,was cut though the chalk, to gain access to the site,which was made from Channel Tunnel spoil.

Siding were laid,'tween West Shakespeare Tunnel and Abbottscliffe Tunnel, to provide most of the material's to build the Channel Tunnel. 

post-13585-0-29830000-1422694407_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-93290900-1422695024_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Some of those pics above (especially the last in #4155) have a look about them of the West Highlands rather than the route of the one-time Merseyside-Ramsgate/Margate  "Sunny South Express".

Third rail electrification of the Dingwall & Skye would really stuff up the Lairds' game larders with dead stags. :butcher:

dh

Some of those pics above (especially the last in #4155) have a look about them of the West Highlands rather than the route of the one-time Merseyside-Ramsgate/Margate  "Sunny South Express".

Third rail electrification of the Dingwall & Skye would really stuff up the Lairds' game larders with dead stags. :butcher:

dh

Surely, you mean,,,,,,,,,dead Frogs'

The problem isn't your skill, or lack of it - it's the shape of the columns. Even colouring them 1:1 would be "interesting" as all the angles change.

The question is, what are you going to do?

I think it's a Pro situation. Put temporary posts in and send the columns to Jaz (along with a suitable bribe fee) and await their immaculate return. Us ordinary mortals aren't always up to all the tasks we face. :D

Hal

• Like 1

I love that salty samphire stuff - but its really expensive in Fenwicks posh food corner.

Next time can you hoe some up to hoy up here mail order please? :good_mini:

dh

Morrisons sell it....and it is NOT expensive there, PLUS in our supermarket they have those new cooled jets running over it......yummy...

My skill, level is just not up to, painting such features as, blue stripe's........... :no:

attachicon.gifPicture 122.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture 125.jpg

You might have benefited from Tamiya masking tape put on BEFORE the pen, then rip the tamiya tape off afterwards. In response to Hal I often have to paint and repaint some things several times until the paint is in the proper spot.(YOU MUST let it dry first or you end up with an awful mess!!!)  Tamiya masking tape have straight edges and nice tackiness should work well....even ordinary cheap masking tapes improve the situation. We are supposed to go visit David, we have cried off twice, one time just a bout everything was finalised, then Kal had to travel for his work instead.

In the event it is still troubling him...I will have a go.

The smallest you can get I just use the refills and cut the tape....this wide are too expensive, the thinnest ones are usually good enough, but whichever is cheapest per metre works well in this situation.

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/tamiya-6mm-masking-tape--refill/580565-1000

• Like 1

You might have benefited from Tamiya masking tape put on BEFORE the pen, then rip the tamiya tape off afterwards. In response to Hal I often have to paint and repaint some things several times  until the paint is in the proper spot.(YOU MUST let it dry first or you end up with an awful mess!!!)  Tamiya masking tape have straight edges and nice tackiness should work well....even ordinary cheap masking tapes improve the situation. We are supposed to go visit David, we have cried off twice, one time just a bout everything was finalised, then Kal had to travel for his work instead.

In the event it is still troubling him...I will have a go.

The smallest you can get I just use the refills and cut the tape....this wide are too expensive, the thinnest ones are usually good enough, but whichever is cheapest per metre works well in this situation.

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/tamiya-6mm-masking-tape--refill/580565-1000

Don't we all! lol

Jaz is right about the Tamiya tape, although all those angles would require care that the colour doesn't bleed up/down on the verticals. I also agree with Adrian; I'm sure what ever he's said, additionally, in his PM will be of great value.

While I'm always impressed by your attention to detail, David, remember, too, that most of us have examples we "leave till later (for ever!)" while we carry on with the more achievable aspects. Apart from completing the station ballasting(!) I'd still like to see you concentrating on the cliff/yard. :D

Hal

About those troublesome blue stripes.....

I'd do what all those cockney lads used to say threateningly a few years back:

"LEAVE  I'AHT"

Ar' fur Daley,  how clever,                 now,  why did I not ,  Fink o' tha         

• RMweb Gold

Hi David, another solution to your blue bands, paint all the posts so that they look like they have been given a coat of undercoat, and just have a figure painting part of the blue band on one post. leave the rest to the viewers imagination. all the best Adrian --------------------------------------------------------

Edited by westerhamstation
  • Like 1

Hi David, another solution to your blue bands, paint all the posts so that they look like they have been given a coat of undercoat, and just have a figure painting part of the blue band on one post. leave the rest to the viewers imagination. all the best Adrian --------------------------------------------------------

post-13585-0-51596800-1422738960.jpg

post-13585-0-46578300-1422738961.jpg

post-13585-0-53178600-1422738962.jpg

• Like 4

Are you sure it isn't just   ...........

attachicon.gifPicture 139.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture 140.jpg

Overnight, metal theives, had struck, while the painter,was,  having a kip.

attachicon.gifPicture 141.jpg

the Painter taking them to do a bit of homework     .........    :paint:

.................   at any rate the Station-Master will have to make sure that Canopy doesn't come crashing down on the Sunday passenger   :O   .........                  Ummm, I wonder ......   can't e lever some temporary posts under the Canopy, until the originals can be found and returned [from far-away Linconshire  ...   :nono: ]

It's my Methodology, that is in the wrong,.
Should have base coated, then, painted stripes, then cover protected,then top coated pillars'. then assembled,everything.
I thought,the platform lamps turned out ok with transfer lining, so I would do pillars, but, there are a lot of angles to
the H beams,that you can only see under a magnifier.

But not to worry, the next platform 2/3, I hope to be better.

My ? Icon has gone walkabout  .....   not that I was going to use it   .......   anyone else less Iconic than before?

Edit

Sorry, my appologies - should have asked that here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75123-light-sandwich-after-the-laser-saw-now-the-trestle-saw-juggle/?p=1765407

Edited by jcredfer