1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Being a bit of a 'Transfer fetishist', might I suggest the Transfer option to the blue stripes?

I know the stanchions have lots of folds and crevaces, but a bit of Microsol and you're laughing!

Needed.......1.sheet of Crafty computer white transfer paper, some blue paint, a sharp knife, straight edge, 1 bottle of Microsol, 1 bottle of Microset. Cotton bud.

Paint sheet of transfer paper with blue paint and let dry. Cut thin strips of now blue transfer paper. Dunk in water and apply strip to stanchion. Dab with Microsol/cotton bud when in right place and leave for a minute. Then with the cotton bud press transfer into crevaces and adjust to right position again. Dab with a bit of Microset and you're done!! Nice neat straight edge stripes.

Dave

Moorings.........hope you had, a good weekend .

Last Monday night's, progress, with the Night Ferry Fourgon, Lofty sr is working on.

Door's and window meshes, fitted.

attachicon.gifP1180273(1).JPG

attachicon.gifP1180275(1).JPG

Did I miss a picture of it BEFORE he started painting.....those colours look as tho they will photograph very realistically. I love dull colours.

Edited by Jaz

Did I miss a picture of it BEFORE he started painting.....those colours look as tho they will photograph very realistically. I love dull colours.

Ok,    Will let you orf, because it is Monday.............

Got to love a bit of Mesh!

By the way, that other thing - I'm still on it, just been a bit busy with other stuff...

That's  good.     :paint:

• Like 1

I'm missing the (?) thingy... :blush:  :Thicky Hal does not understand: thingy is more likely. But even with a colon either end it might not work.

Hal

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

Being a bit of a 'Transfer fetishist', might I suggest the Transfer option to the blue stripes?

I know the stanchions have lots of folds and crevaces, but a bit of Microsol and you're laughing!

Needed.......1.sheet of Crafty computer white transfer paper, some blue paint, a sharp knife, straight edge, 1 bottle of Microsol, 1 bottle of Microset. Cotton bud.

Paint sheet of transfer paper with blue paint and let dry. Cut thin strips of now blue transfer paper. Dunk in water and apply strip to stanchion. Dab with Microsol/cotton bud when in right place and leave for a minute. Then with the cotton bud press transfer into crevaces and adjust to right position again. Dab with a bit of Microset and you're done!! Nice neat straight edge stripes.

Dave

Thanks for the Pointer Dave,   all ordered yesterday, see if I can make a hash .......... :drag:

• Like 2

Now I understand why it has all been a bit troublesome    ..............       :sungum:

Thanks for the Pointer Dave,   all ordered yesterday, see if I can make a hash .......... :drag:

.............................     the blue lines should be straight ones, not multi-direction   .......     :jester:

Ok - off now to fight the weather - it-snow-t going to be easy this morning and the school have delayed the child hand over until 10.00 - for some mystic reason.

Now I understand why it has all been a bit troublesome    ..............       :sungum:

.............................     the blue lines should be straight ones, not multi-direction   .......     :jester:

Ok - off now to fight the weather - it-snow-t going to be easy this morning and the school have delayed the child hand over until 10.00 - for some mystic reason.

Had a few Bleeder's on here................... :drag:

Wanting to consider, method's of attaching people to platform surface..................

Once platform 1, is in place,it will be difficult to scene shift figure's,on 1,      because platform 2/3 and foot over bridge,will be in the way.

Tacky Wax, is one method I've used, but what is it's lasting properties, does anyone know,how long a figure stay's upright,using it ?

• Like 1

I did see a quote from a Museum, claiming that they use the stuff and it had been there for many years, holding various objects upright.

The fact that is is Wax based would indicate that it's longevity was highly likely, as wax lasts for many decades, some perhaps centuries.

Had a few Bleeder's on here................... :drag:

Wanting to consider, method's of attaching people to platform surface..................

Once platform 1, is in place,it will be difficult to scene shift figure's,on 1,      because platform 2/3 and foot over bridge,will be in the way.

Tacky Wax, is one method I've used, but what is it's lasting properties, does anyone know,how long a figure stay's upright,using it ?

...............   you would probably have to put wellies on all the little people, in case you used it too thickly dobbed on  ...    :jester:

• Like 1

Wow! I'm really missing that (?) button

Not clear - About the forgon - are YOU actually doing the soldering between tab breaks? If so, well impressed!

Are you all snowbound dahn sahf?

Good thing your mam came back home when she did. Lovely morning here - got to wash J's little red Mazda racer out in the sunshine now while she's out Yogaring. There is a speck of dust low down on the near side apparently.

dh

Edit because wife's ipad always knows best about my spelling - I've just noticed it also doesn't do emotions (sic)

Edited by runs as required

Yep  ...

Wow! I'm really missing that (?) button
Not clear - About the forgon - are YOU actually doing the soldering between tab breaks? If so, well impressed!
Are you all snowbound dahn sahf?
Good thing your mam came back home when she did. Lovely morning here - got to wash J's little red Mazda racer out in the sunshine now while she's out Yogaring. There is a speck of dust low down on the near side apparently.
dh

Edit because wife's ipad always knows best about my spelling - I've just noticed it also doesn't do emotions (sic)

MD woke up and opened the window  .........................   YEAH!  .....................     I think the rest of Salisbury is now well awake  ........    

Snow seems like it will be gone soon as the air temp is climbing fast.

Shiver me Timbers'  !!

:O , someone has left some timber here, am unsure what to do with it...... :scratchhead:

post-13585-0-81252200-1422993834_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm. might just fit, on the left of this bit,,,

post-13585-0-36830700-1422994020_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Now come along everyone   ..........   just calm down now and put the thinking cap on  ....................

............................    down through the Tunnel   ....   along to the Spokeshave  .........................    and   .........   turn left, using a great bit load [scale, you understand] of wood   .......................    :scratchhead:

..................     it is the new Joint Rail project between France and Uk to build a bridge across the "English Manche" - which can be used every time a Chunnel train sets on fire and stops the Euro-Fats from accessing their claims accounts    .................   [unfortunately not accessible for descent citizens on the grounds that they cannot claim the ridiculous prices for the tickets - which can only be afforded by those who can can claim from the Euro circus] .........