1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Hopefully .....  trying to isolate factors   ..........  matching what is visible on my Monitor    ...........

......   from where I sit looking    ...............

the nearest Tone/colour match  appears to be the one with 3 spots - level with the old fella's newspaper    ...... 

to be honest [that will probably get the Gov't assassins round] you were right about it being difficult to get a good camera angle - each picture has a different light cast, so is tricky to compare with another   .............. :scratchhead:

From the new angles the one on the right hand side by the gap in the sleepers still seems to change shade like the real wall in the previous photographs  ..... ??

A drop of rust for where the bolt heads have been left to rust   .......   just the job  ......    :imsohappy:

Well that is definitely something unexpected    ...........    :O

Jury rigged test of  platform 2 & 3 plus footover bridge.

attachicon.gifPicture_3991.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture_3981.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture_4001.jpg

..............    always best to make sure you get a good Bridge-Layer Lawyer, for the best advice     ....................    :rtfm:  ..................     :angel:

moorings'...........It's grandson day,today........... :sungum:

So, last night,a new stone block wall was created, then weathering,took place....

Here,are the result' s

post-13585-0-89347900-1414475903.jpg

post-13585-0-56296500-1414475905.jpg

post-13585-0-13566500-1414475907.jpg

post-13585-0-26986800-1414475909.jpg

post-13585-0-73655100-1414475910.jpg

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 5

Yesterday @ DP.

Ground viewing

attachicon.gifP1150684(1).JPG

Colouring & Veg. for the Ditch wall ..1

attachicon.gifP1150686(1).JPG

attachicon.gifP1150688(1).JPG

What's This ?

attachicon.gifP1150693(1).JPG

Ah, yes, that one

attachicon.gifP1150695(1).JPG

"Gauging" the Portal

attachicon.gifP1150703(1).JPG

that platform has a serious case of the wobbly cobbles....oops colly wobbles........

Edited by Jaz

A trial in place,................... a couple of more fine layers were added to each section this evening.

Each one is different. to eventually settle on the colours I want to use.

More practice required,

Not able to get a good camera shot either..........

I did find,it was better,to use a cotton bud loaded, and let the liquid run down, than it was a fine brush...........

attachicon.gifPicture_3881.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture_3941.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture_3951.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture_3931.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture_3921.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture_3911.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture_3901.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture_3891.jpg

post-13585-0-63422300-1414302841_thumb.j

I like this one.............

post-13585-0-18749600-1414361327.jpg

Moorings,.............post-13585-0-42571300-1414565227_thumb.jpg

Yesterday, we went searching for clue's,to  one of Dover's Lost railway on the 300 foot high cliff's,above,

The Eastern Ferry Terminal....

The end of it,was meant to join up with the Eastern dock's siding's,here in the pic below,where the police station now stand's.

the highest point 

post-13585-0-17928800-1414566501_thumb.jpg

Looking back down the gradient........

post-13585-0-49386000-1414566615_thumb.jpg

Looking up towards the headland and the highest point......

post-13585-0-66712900-1414566728_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hopefully .....  trying to isolate factors   ..........  matching what is visible on my Monitor    ...........

......   from where I sit looking    ...............

the nearest Tone/colour match  appears to be the one with 3 spots - level with the old fella's newspaper    ...... 

to be honest [that will probably get the Gov't assassins round] you were right about it being difficult to get a good camera angle - each picture has a different light cast, so is tricky to compare with another   .............. :scratchhead:

Ah, so, you do not have the advantage of enlarging the pic, like our ipad has............ :no: ,................ on the touch screen........... :O

you will be telling me next,..............you are viewing,......................in black and white only..........

"The white, cue ball,is sitting behind,the green ball,for those of you viewing,with black and white tv set's".....quoted a certain commentator,......many year's ago...... :paint:

Hi David,

Sorry to intrude but I'm having to edit the topic title to remove all of the full stops as it's having an impact on another software module I'm working on. Plus keeping the title shorter by removing the full stops means that the full topic title shows up to readers in View New Content so they can see if it's updated.

Thanks,

Andy

Ah, so, you do not have the advantage of enlarging the pic, like our ipad has............ :no: ,................ on the touch screen........... :O

you will be telling me next,..............you are viewing,......................in black and white only..........

"The white, cue ball,is sitting behind,the green ball,for those of you viewing,with black and white tv set's".....quoted a certain commentator,......many year's ago...... :paint:

No problem  Ctrl + + bigger  Ctrl + - smaller   ...   and 2 simple buttons on the keyboard   ..........  :sungum:

Was that another "Colmanballs"?  .....   

Hi David,

Sorry to intrude but I'm having to edit the topic title to remove all of the full stops as it's having an impact on another software module I'm working on. Plus keeping the title shorter by removing the full stops means that the full topic title shows up to readers in View New Content so they can see if it's updated.

Thanks,

Andy

Thank's for the info Andy, no wish to cause problem's, :no:  will stay in concise form.

(adjective ,giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive).

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 1

The smaller pictures work really well with your work, helps make them look realistic. 

Help's e-normously, to shew, what I have to correct, when I thought, it was "right" in the 1st place.  

That's why,I take and shew them,          others' may learn,from that....

Part of the line from Martin Mill was re-used to provide a track for some very heavy guns to run on during WW2. I've tried doing a link to GoogleMaps:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Guston,+Dover,+Kent/@51.150061,1.3379199,2344m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x47dea52e02b3f9d7:0x648dcda893d6ab0b?hl=en

Look for Guston- just south of there is a line of trees shaped a bit like a hockey stick. These  were planted to camouflage the line; a couple of other bits of hedgerow and copse mark other bits of the route.

• Like 1