1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Hey it could be anything....I don't know ANYTHING about electrics...LEDs (or what that stands for) if they come in pretty colours  :angel: ......how you join the strips, fix the strips, what power you connect, and if you need more power if there is a large number of LEDs. Basically I am an knowledge free zone....willing to learn anything regards how you add the lights. We have bought skaledale lights which come with little plugs...I might be good with those.... :sungum:

Jaz,

RUN don't walk to eBay and find a string of LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) that are on sale by the millions (well, slight exageration) in all types of colours. They come in a 5m roll usually and are already set up to run at 12volts - won't cost much at all, you'll be amazed at what little you can get them for!! Can be cut into strips as small as three lights. Great for building, coach lighting and more. Best thing is you don't need to do much of ANYTHING, except be sure to have strips made up of groups of three. They even have little "scissors" markings showing you were to cut them apart. Solder a couple of wires to them, make sure you know your left from right (positive/negative really) and bingo - let there be light :)

Chuck the Skaledale lights, too much bother and consume more power than necessary if you plan on having a bunch around...

EDIT: Sorry dt, hijacked your thread :( - great looking canopies by the way :ok:

Edited by Ian Abel

Jaz,

RUN don't walk to eBay and find a string of LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) that are on sale by the millions (well, slight exageration) in all types of colours. They come in a 5m roll usually and are already set up to run at 12volts - won't cost much at all, you'll be amazed at what little you can get them for!! Can be cut into strips as small as three lights. Great for building, coach lighting and more. Best thing is you don't need to do much of ANYTHING, except be sure to have strips made up of groups of three. They even have little "scissors" markings showing you were to cut them apart. Solder a couple of wires to them, make sure you know your left from right (positive/negative really) and bingo - let there be light :)

Chuck the Skaledale lights, too much bother and consume more power than necessary if you plan on having a bunch around...

EDIT: Sorry dt, hijacked your thread :( - great looking canopies by the way :ok:

EDIT: Sorry dt, hijacked your thread  :(

I don't see it that way Ian, I like to see, members' post their view's........ :mail:

• Like 1

The canopies are looking good by the way Amstel Gold Sunday 1pm.

Thank's Ims,, Will be watching, on Eurosport,live,

The canopies are looking good

As usual,, no plan's, making it up, as I go,.......bye the bye, the leaning tower of pizza,has been corrected......(I hope).

Morning........well in the uk........

Mooring walk, today, caught the  "Bunker Barge",  returning to it's berth,

it's function ?..........I keep's all the Cross Channel, ferries going..by supplying them with fuel.......

You can see,in the background, The Gun Turret", that was built into," The Admiratly Pier."

post-13585-0-50232800-1397891134_thumb.jpg

So back to the DP. can o'..worm's.

only the... +. links, have been fitted so far............

post-13585-0-37578600-1397891262_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thank's Ims,, Will be watching, on Eurosport,live,

As usual,, no plan's, making it up, as I go,.......bye the bye, the leaning tower of pizza,has been corrected......(I hope).

PisaLeaning_tower_of_pisa_2.jpg      pizza tower755162_fe08_625x1000_C5699D90-BC5A-FCBF-leaning-tower-of-pizza-81621025486.jpeg

• Like 1

After spending a full day, removing/cutting an overgrown tree/hedges' @ my youngest son's house,

with the right tool's for the job,

I was rather tired yesterday, so progress with the roof has been slow.

After testing for continuity,through out all of the led ftg's and cable links, the live feed test was done,as shewn yesterday.

The roofing was roughly cut, before applying to the canopy, a covering of double sided tape,was set down.

This, gives me the chance to remove any roof section's,when the canopy is completed, 

incase,any solder joints fail,during the rest of the build.

Progress, so far..........

post-13585-0-05701800-1398066857_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

This morning's walk.

Over a mile from Dover Castle.

post-13585-0-87883300-1398117747_thumb.jpg

The Pride of Britain

post-13585-0-90406900-1398117749_thumb.jpg

The roofing,was cut and filed to profile,ready for the valance.

Then the leaded rainwater vallies fitted

post-13585-0-87890600-1398117752_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-26177500-1398117756_thumb.jpg

When cutting cable's, leave them vertical,if not connecting soon...........otherwise,the electrons',will fall out........ :O  :no: .

• Like 5

Dover Castle......

post-13585-0-64004400-1398163497_thumb.jpg

Today.am looking at how, the valence,attaches to the canopy & cross members'

I instead of covering the balsa with the correct colour paper,for the valence,as I did on platform 1,

I am thinking of covering the balsa, in the very tin lead,as I used for the rain valleys'....

painted........

with.......... :O .rivets' applied........ :no:

post-13585-0-09381900-1398163274_thumb.jpg

• Like 4