Electric glue

SGJ

Good for low voltage circuits . Used in a lot of applications with circuit boards . There are a good few manufacturers in the market . Conductivity properties are excellent if used correctly .

When working in the computer industry it was a common product that was brought in in bulk .

What so you fancy using it for ?

Mike b

Good for low voltage circuits . Used in a lot of applications with circuit boards . There are a good few manufacturers in the market . Conductivity properties are excellent if used correctly .

When working in the computer industry it was a common product that was brought in in bulk .

What so you fancy using it for ?

Mike b

I was thinking about using it to wire up seep point motors

http://www.gaugemaster.com/_upload/imgs/lrg/34489/GMC-PM1.jpg

I have liked using these type of motors, and also the peco ones but by choice seep. ( i do have around 6 peco ones too ).

on the layout I eventually will have about 18 points including the fiddle yard, They are done by hand at the moment, the track isn't fixed into position yet as I am wanting to make sure i am happy with the layout before glueing the track and ballast down, I haven't made the holes yet for the points motors or wire from the track to a controller

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/72294-armley-moor-layout/

http://www.midland-road.co.uk/

SGJ

I have bought a tub, I will try it on a point motor and also try it for the loco decoder programming test track, but if as said by Andrew that it`s unsuitable I can use it for the station lamps and building lights like the Depot, and Goods shed when i get that far with Armley Moor .

I shall report back when it comes, just put in the order today so i will see how long it takes for shipping too.

SGJ

It is certainly being pushed at the public in a BIG way : over-hyped : over-sold : cluttering up ebay lists : otherwise being a real pain in the ... all the reasons for not buying/trusting it.

As I can solder I really just do not see any use for it - though I can see why those who cannot be bothered to learn how to solder might get taken in.

• RMweb Gold

It is certainly being pushed at the public in a BIG way : over-hyped : over-sold : cluttering up ebay lists : otherwise being a real pain in the ... all the reasons for not buying/trusting it. As I can solder I really just do not see any use for it - though I can see why those who cannot be bothered to learn how to solder might get taken in.

Thankyou Kenton. When I first saw this on ebay, I thought of you, and you did not disappoint.

• 2 weeks later...

The Glue has arrived, Had a quick reed through the instructions basically use a toothpick to apply and wait for it to set...

The ebay seller had typed up a better set of instructions ( more like hints and tips ) himself so credit should really go to him.

The actual product is probably better described as paint rather than glue, its carbon and water based, and looks a paint / paste mash-up ( got to get a trendy word in lol ).

The way I think it should go on as being "glue" is to apply the product to the cleaned track ( the seller recomended making a few scratches so I used a glass fibre brush down the side of the rail that the wire is to be stuck to, he also recommended using I.P.A to clean surfaces ( I don't have any though ).

I put the paste onto the bottom of the cleaned / scratched rail put the wire between the peco sleeper fret and rail, and am leaving it to dry ( the seller also recommended 24 hours for this, but it could be sooner than that.

I will give it a tug test tomorrow evening ( not talking about class 60`s ) I did have a little helper too with the photos !

post-9437-0-69013900-1379100367_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-60238400-1379100132_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-74985700-1379100157_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-78506100-1379100228_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-16468500-1379100192_thumb.jpg

SGJ

Just got back from Lanzarote, so sorry for not posting earlier, the tug test...

Fail, It was not the first light pull but if a loco or wagon were to derail then it would definitely pull the wires off if the underframe catches the wire, but on the plus side the conductivity I cant fault and if the glue / paste is used as intended e.g. circuit boards then no problems, It could have a use maybe in peco type fish plates, I am not going to bother with testing it on Point motors as the soldering iron will be the better option, I think as DCC is progressing it will have a few uses on maybe the chips e.g. a pcb board repair / fix etc ( thats is more inline with its intended use )

another option is that it would be good for coach lighting or building lighting when it may be difficult to solder near plastic.

It is a really useful and good product, but as others have said not really a replacement for soldering, but a idea to keep in the tool box for other situations.

SGJ

Archived