Springfield Junction - Present day 00

newbryford

" merry new year " fellow train geeks.........

Quiz ( just for fun) name the film and actor that got his wires crossed!! " merry new year" And for an extra bonus what we're they trying to get on the train????

All the best spike :-)

• Like 1

Was on Film4 just the other week... Trading places?

Eddie Murphy...OJ Reports!!!!

Love the work so far...very impressed

" merry new year " fellow train geeks.........
Quiz ( just for fun) name the film and actor that got his wires crossed!! " merry new year" And for an extra bonus what we're they trying to get on the train????
All the best spike :-)

Edited by Ian Fisher

Sunday afternoon!! not going out in the stormy weather, so Lucas ( my 3 year old son ) and myself have been putting on some stock just to check the physical length of the roads in the north yard.

Working away from the wall road 1 will have no stock parked on it to allow stock to pass from the up/ down ramps at each end ( east/ west) and the south fiddle yard

So we have got at the moment in road 2 full virgin pendolino and 57 thunderbird north bound ( Carlisle ) with room for one of real track models new 144 with room to spare.

Same in road 3 but the south bound ( Preston) version !!

In road 4 we have a nine car voyager and fastline 56 (302) and 57 thunderbird from route learner duty again all with nice spaces in-between!!

After tea! We're going to put some freight trains on to keep Lucas happy !!!

Spike :-)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

These are the 3 terminal roads that will probably be used for units - they are sized to fit a five-car 221 Voyager. The gap between them and the main loops is to accommodate the surface mount point motors and wiring.

post-408-0-73654100-1388957139_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

So where are the power tools? If only the dewalt is yellow...have you considered painting the others? ;)

This is Spike's project - he's into Kawasaki green, so his power tools are Ryobi......

post-408-0-40129700-1388964523.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Ah well Kawasaki.....I can sympathise with that....Kal once owned the GPZ 1100R the red version of Tom Cruise Top Gun bike. He swopped it for his power valve RD350YPVS..because the guy had a loom issue with the GPZ, Kal solved the problem in 24hours......avoided the guy for 2 months in case he wanted to swop it back!!!!!!

Kawasaki%20GPZ1100%2095%20%204.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I always preferred the Kwak in red/black.

OT story. Most people buy clothing etc in colours to match the bike. When I was shopping around for a 600/750, I visited my local dealer and he had a GPz750R in his showroom. It looked like a GPz900R and the only way to tell them apart were the different colour schemes and the engine capacity on the side panel.  I took my helmet off to have a good look at the bike and placed it on the saddle. The bike was red/silver/black. My helmet was red/silver/black. In my mind, the bike was sold before I took it for a test ride, but at 1 year old and less than 1000 miles on the clock, it was also too good a bargain to miss. Many miles and smiles on that bike!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Oops I mixed it up with the later  edit for stupidity Yamaha  Honda CBR600F2.....really hard to hang on to when he revved up on the runway..........what tart put the handle at the back!!!!!!! :jester:

Edited by Jaz

• RMweb Premium

Final storage yard tracklaying delayed due to my unfortunate encounter at a set of traffic lights earlier this evening (car behind decided to move before I did.) Nobody hurt and what looks like minor damage only.

I'm afraid that I would be venting my anger frustration at a set of track pins and defenceless Peco track.................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Where did you get the jubilee transfers

Precision Labels. I don't think they'll be on the main website yet. you'll have to contact John via his website www.precisionlabels.com

Cheers,

Mick

Edit: website url corrected

Edited by newbryford

Guest Digital

Good, because I am up on Monday night and I want to play trains...........

How about a video of the first train movement.

• RMweb Premium

We've been busy tonight finishing off the last few bits of the lower storage yards.

This is the south yard complete with Spike looking very pleased with himself.

post-408-0-10578000-1389307744_thumb.jpg

The north yard with a few trains in to see what it looks like

post-408-0-31554900-1389307788_thumb.jpg

And a view of the dead end sidings with the requisite Voyager

post-408-0-39232600-1389307830_thumb.jpg

Good, because I am up on Monday night and I want to play trains...........

How about a video of the first train movement.

I agree some record of the first train would be wonderful

As we've finished the lower yard tracklaying, it seemed inappropriate to leave it there and 20 minutes soldering in a few links and one of the Voyagers has done a complete circuit. What was useful in this exercise is that there was no appreciable voltage drop using the rail and track joiners to carry the track power. However, a lot of dropper wiring will be installed to minimise any future problems.

Apologies, no video as it's only VERY temporary, but hopefully only for a couple of weeks, whilst the main bus wiring is installed. Then we'll do a video.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 7