Springfield Junction - Present day 00

newbryford

Guest Digital

Following all this with great interest.

How are you doing the wiring to the track/points?

Have you already wired the droppers to the bottom of the track/points?

John

• RMweb Premium

Following all this with great interest.

How are you doing the wiring to the track/points?

Have you already wired the droppers to the bottom of the track/points?

John

Droppers will be drilled through and grouped to a terminal strip every couple of metres or so. These terminals will be linked to the main bus.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

We've been preparing to start wiring.

These show the gear just laid into place. Some of the points have the motor bases just to show where they would be.

North-east

post-408-0-98280700-1390426013_thumb.jpg

North-west

post-408-0-14442200-1390426029_thumb.jpg

The points will be controlled via ESU switchpilot units.

We're going for two DCC bus systems - one for the track and one for the points and signals. The switchpilots cab take power from the DCC bus, but they also have the facility to be powered via seperate supply. That's what we're going to do.

The tag strip is to be used to terminate the various bus/power supplies. The point motors will be wired directly from the switchpilot to the point motor.

Most of the wiring will be run withing the white trunking and will be routed underneath the baseboard between the trunking runs.

Most of the point motors have now been assembled on their bases with the associated microswitch units.

Slow going for the next week or two as Stafford Ex preparations (and show recovery!) get in the way.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

This is coming along fast, enjoying the ride, so you'll be doing scenery soon?  :sungum:

Not me on the scenery front - I'm leaving that to Spike.

Still quite a bit of work to do on this lower storage level as it has to be as near perfect as we can get it, as once the upper scenery sections go in, it won't be easy to work on.

Cheers,

Mick

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sort of!

Spike is exhibiting for work - he's away/busy with some trade events for the next couple of weeks or so and I'm trying to get Deadman's Lane moving along and tidying up some projects on my workbench.

I'm also now starting to make inroads to our control system using the e-link and ESU switchpilots and the wiring is under way.

Don't worry - all is not forgotten.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all! Yep we're just in the middle of trade show hell....

Since Stafford we've made no progress on Springfield but I know that mick's make good head way into the track work on dead mans lane.

I've been a bit busy since Stafford, had a week of sport relief with Davina mac then straight into excel arena trade show in London then half term with the kids and now just Manchester gmex ( now central) to go and then can back to some layout building !!

More up dates soon, if the mood takes me I might pop over to Preston show to see if there is anything of interest !!

Cheers spike

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Finally managed a couple of hours on SJ earlier.

Pretty much finished off the wiring on the north-east corner. All it needs are the power supply and signal wires to the tag strip. These will be installed as a "ring main" when the other yard wiring is completed.

post-408-0-49481100-1394496055_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-13607100-1394496079_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 9

Quick springfield update!

having been out for two hours last night and four hours this morning in the pissing rain and gale force winds, on my road bike, was inspired, by a brew stop at Hellifield station cafe, to carry on getting the boring but important job progressed ,

Just finished , point motor, switch, tag strip and trucking installation on the north west corner!!,

Just need the wiring wizard to come back and do his thing!!

Finishing packing " new bryford " tonight in ready for ally pally !! I'm not going this time :-(

Spike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just to give you a small update...

I've just been looking back at previous posts on Springfield junction...... And there is nothing more to report at this time on the actual layout !

Mick is away in Portugal at the mo and I've just had the best month of sales at work, since setting up our own, so between trade shows, driving lessons, half terms, customers, web shop design, and training for a big charity bike ride in a few months, the coca cola fuelled modeller and my self have not managed to get our heads together to progress the wiring any further , but I'm sure we will over the next week...

Have well progressed some of the buildings, so I'll get a few Picys up soon..!

Cheers spike

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Mick is away in Portugal at the mo

Back now and busy writing up New Bryford.........

Cheers,

Mick

At least you're on your bike sometimes..........

Every time I see Spikes avatar I have to smile........

Location.............far too close to Mick Bryan!........

The layout may be slow, but the two of you are buzzing. you can only fit so much in your life at a time. Kal and I caught up with Mick at Ally Pally. Spike sorry we missed you. Always nice to put a face to a name.

Spike

you say setting up on your own. What business do you have? If you prefer to not advertise / say. then you can just Just say trains / not train LOL.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That almost sounds like we're co-habiting...... he lives about 250 yards away.

The layout may be slow, but the two of you are buzzing. you can only fit so much in your life at a time. Kal and I caught up with Mick at Ally Pally. Spike sorry we missed you. Always nice to put a face to a name.

Better busy than dead in my book! Although having said that, I've just had four days of doing b*gger all and now I'm raring to go again with NB, DL and SJ. (Oh and BM needs a bit of work as well....)

And if you think I can talk, you ain't heard nothing yet.......... :nea:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

Spike

you say setting up on your own. What business do you have? If you prefer to not advertise / say. then you can just Just say trains / not train LOL.

Spike

Hi jaz,

Sorry I missed you guys at ally pally, thanks for following the tread, as you may have worked out by the amount of postings and the time of day that there posted, that mick spends a lot more time on here than me!!

And just for the record I do live close to mick,

I've been building models since I was about 12 and first saw mick in the early 90,s just after newbryford was built, then 12 years later started modelling again , so went back to the local club That i was in as a lad and mick was there building a mini layout called " tontine street goods" ,

Got chatting to him turns out we live about quarter of a mile from each other !

Then decided to build blackmill in 2002/3 and weve been mates ever since, and Mick mrs is always taking the pi#* out of us, coz we also do a far bit of mountain biking together as well ....

As for me I work for my self and have since June 2010, and I've worked in the cycling industry since I was 17, worked for GB Olympic team for 12 years and now have a few bike business's ,

Protool cycleworks ... Repair/ maintenance company

The fell , our retailing company

Beacon bikes, our own bike brand, and our umbrella company is called beacon fell ltd

Www.beaconfell.com

And with 4 & 5 year old and a mrs to look after... I don't get as much time as I'd like to get in the man shed away from the chaos !

Cheers spike....

Ps like the trees !!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As for me I work for my self and have since June 2010, and I've worked in the cycling industry since I was 17, worked for GB Olympic team for 12 years and now have a few bike business's ,

Protool cycleworks ... Repair/ maintenance company

The fell , our retailing company

Beacon bikes, our own bike brand, and our umbrella company is called beacon fell ltd

Www.beaconfell.com

The man's more of a self-publicist than me. At least I don't go blagging my company......... :sungum:  :jester:

Cheers,

Mick