Thornton Road, Virgin west coast in 2003

Swifty11

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Tom did you get 57306 in the end??

Also any new updates on your layout my mate :senile: :sungum:

Hia Neil, no I didn't but always looking, the next one I buy will be a donor for a 57307 in cable theft. If you part with yours let me know

Rem yes and no, done some work but its slow going tbh and my new mac and RE 47s are keeping me well occupied! 

• 2 weeks later...

About time I did an update really! 

I've now (well, I had) almost finished the new car park area at the front of the station, i've added this because the old entrance was just far too unrealistic, the new edition isn't very realistic but I like it so i'm pretty happy. I need some Hornby crossing barriers just to put on now to finish it. I bought some peace ones and quickly discovered how awful they are so they where exiled to the other level crossing where I can't see them. All that was left to do was paint the road surface where the station is and add the new signs. 

That was until Alstom pendolino decapitated my fence! So that will need to be repaired and move the posts further in... 

16497940850_cc4dde7b49_z.jpgUntitled by Swifty11Productions, on Flickr

16478056607_0e86582ced_z.jpgUntitled by Swifty11Productions, on Flickr

And the damage:

16499207979_0e6acc2e91_z.jpgUntitled by Swifty11Productions, on Flickr

I've also purchased this, a Hattons bargain find at just £20!! Very happily now plonked on the layout, this is where I will be building a small TMD. 

16684342682_f6cb520f40_z.jpgUntitled by Swifty11Productions, on Flickr

Better update of all the new editions and plans coming shortly, the rail exclusive collection of 5 DRS 47s arrived for christmas, 60074 is settling in well, 66135 is on the way along with some other bits. 

There is also a path in the system from Gowerton Parkway, loco to be confirmed. Currently in Warrngton RMT awaiting suitable Train Crew (well, postmen!) 

Tom

Looking really good Tom!

I have the exact same Bachmann single road fuel shed as you!

Yes you will have to put an update on about the RE DRS/NB Class 47s! Would be good to see some pictures of them working trains on your layout :no:

Thanks, i'll get a video up soon! Been mad busy lately! 

They are lovely models, and the single road fuel shed is a nice model, have always wanted one and considering they sell for £70 on eBay a £20 one was like a gift! 

Tom

• RMweb Premium

Yes all five of mine I have settled in despite the problems with the buffers when they first arrived.

I sourced some smaller black buffers for the three DRS 47s which now means that they don't derail on the corners of my layout. The locos also don't get caught on one another which is great! My 790 and 832 still have their silver buffers fitted. Yes they are fantastic looking and good running locos. I think my single road shed was about £40 so yes for £20 you certainly did get a "bargain".

Keep up the good work :no:

• 3 months later...

Quite a bit of work done lately, these are-

Station entrance finished, car park extended and painted

Town scene undergoing its refurbishment at long last. Area has been raised to so that the tram lines can sit flush with the road.

New purchases from DEMU, Virgin HST rake (including the sort after TGS  :boast: )

Couple of container flats and one of C=Rails fantastic Hapag-Lloyd containers, best livery on them in my opinion! 

Also a few arrivals due!

Photos to follow, 

Tom

• 5 months later...

Bit of an update, 

mock exams are curtailing modelling sadly but have now finished the town scene for the time being. New buildings to be fitted also along with the knitting for the tramlines...

Secondly, 57309 has been reported on TOPS as ThrntnRd so we now have our first DRS 57/3 allocations on hire to VT. 

67006 is currently at work up north and 60074 is still with 60071 on local coal, engineers and oil workings. 

Finally, the infamous new project that has been sort of happening then not happening then plan changed etc is being worked through currently. boards are done except for a small extension bit to accommodate the bridge. When it's done it will look good but no concrete threads etc until track is down and I can't change my mind!!!

• 3 months later...

Small update

Been working on the town scene and finishing bits off for the station entrance over the last few months. Modelling time has been limited but this is what I've done so far:

Remodelled town scene, new buildings in the process of being added although it is taking a while. Tram line is now pretty much done except for a bit of repairing to a middle section and a chunk where a tram fell over and bought part of the road up. Quite annoying but it's fixable. 

Station exteriors done and 57309 and a snowplough are enjoying life in the bay. 

More to come when I have some photos and the layout isn't full of crap!

• 1 month later...

Finally have a quick picture for you, rmwebs file size limit makes uploading a bit annoying.

Anyway, driver who dropped 312 off sent me this quick snap, loco is said to be working additional services between Crewe and Preston tomorrow.

IMG_2849_zpsferax9sl.jpg

Archived