Springside Manor, 64xx, Rebuilds, Rolling Stock & Locos

kada33

Hi Simon

I think I got confused, I thought you were referring to the Damo B photos. I do have three photos of the back head of 6435 which I shall put up on one of my Gallery folders, then I'll post the link.

If you need any further information then please ask.

Hi Simon

I think I got confused, I thought you were referring to the Damo B photos. I do have three photos of the back head of 6435 which I shall put up on one of my Gallery folders, then I'll post the link.

If you need any further information then please ask.

This should now link to my Gallery Folders.

I should have added click on the second of the four links below, I added them much later after I'd worked out how to create Links to my Galleries.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I've been involved in other thing of late (wedding, visitors) but I have been doing a bit when possible. I decided to have a break from the 64xx and have another look at a Mogul tender (Pilgrim) I started 20 - 25 years ago.

At Cleckheaton this year I bought some hanger & stretcher castings from Warren Shepherd for the tender. One of the reasons I stopped work on this tender was the original brake arrangement being a pain to fit.

The first photo shows what was in the kit. The second photo is of WS castings plus my spacers and the original W/M brake shoes, if I have a problem with them shorting out I do have some plastic ones to use instead.

post-13060-0-67011600-1384605618_thumb.jpg  post-13060-0-58725400-1384605819_thumb.jpg

The next photo is of the tender chassis and Alan Gibson wheels. I have changed the original method of fixing the bottom hanger from a piece of wire across the frames to 12ba screws as can be seen. I may also change the front piece of wire that is supposed to be the brake weighbar shaft  which is used for the brake system and the water scoop. Bearing in mind I started this Mogul a long time ago I followed the instruction to the letter as this was my first O gauge purchase on moving up from OO. So before putting on the brake parts it suggested painting the chassis at this stage! Today I wouldn't have done it until all parts had been fitted.

post-13060-0-70658900-1384606089_thumb.jpg

The next few photos are of the tender body so far, it has just been through my new US cleaner. I still have the rear lamp brackets to fit, these will from Peter Roles components also I have the front tender buffers to attach.

post-13060-0-07385500-1384607086_thumb.jpg  post-13060-0-95641900-1384607139_thumb.jpg 

post-13060-0-45498000-1384607167_thumb.jpg

I have one of these in my todo cupboard.

Hi Peter

The rest of the kit is still in it's original box, Nice solid box big enough to take the finished model. But there are a few more in front of it in the to do list.

Next up after the 64xx will be the Oakville 45xx rebuild, I bought from the bring & buy stand at Kettering last year as a runner (which it was) but a dreadful paint job. So it is stripped down to component parts where it is waiting to be rebuild.

I also have a Acme 54xx started, I bought a Springside 2251 Collect goods at Cleackheaton off the E & T stand and that needs some TLC.

Here's a photo of the 45xx on my old clubs turntable. But it did have a ABC g/b and cannon motor and was only £199 bargain.

post-13060-0-02298700-1384621073_thumb.jpg

Hi Peter

The rest of the kit is still in it's original box, Nice solid box big enough to take the finished model. But there are a few more in front of it in the to do list.

Next up after the 64xx will be the Oakville 45xx rebuild, I bought from the bring & buy stand at Kettering last year as a runner (which it was) but a dreadful paint job. So it is stripped down to component parts where it is waiting to be rebuild.

I also have a Acme 54xx started, I bought a Springside 2251 Collect goods at Cleackheaton off the E & T stand and that needs some TLC.

Here's a photo of the 45xx on my old clubs turntable. But it did have a ABC g/b and cannon motor and was only £199 bargain.

attachicon.gif45731.JPG

The sort of bargain I like.

Hi All

Modelling on hold for the moment as I sliced the top of my thumb cutting up bread for the birds! It's very difficult to grip small items so I'm going to put up some more brake van photos on Western Thu....

Hi All

The top of my thumb has now recovered enough for me to resume modelling this coming week, although we have had two lots of visitors in the last two weeks (3 days each) and I do have some wall paper to remove at some point.

In one of my earlier  post I showed how I fixed the cab roofs using rare earth magnets, these can be found from 'magnetsmagnetsmagnets' on every ones popular auction site. Use advanced search, Sellers and put a tick in the first box.

• 5 months later...

Hi All

I've been involved in various DIY projects since the start of the new year, photos charters and it's now gardening time. I've added photos to two of my Galleries from the SVR charter.

One of these was with GWR 1638 from Quainton Road. I have also photos of It's cab detail if anyone is interested.

• 2 months later...

Hi All, I've rather busy of late, away on holiday breaks and work on the garden (painting metal shed roof, lintels on front of house windows, etc) but a couple of weeks ago I did manage to get some of my shelf queens painted in primer.

I'm also into G1 and I've a san cheng 4575 that was in BR black and is now going to be GWR green. (photos for this are on WT forum) There is also a G1 Hydra D in primer now also on the same site.

I must hold the record for the longest build for any model as I now have a Pilgrim Mogul tender in grey primer after 25 years in the build. Lots of other models got in the way first.

Also the Damo B is in grey primer.

First photo is the 64xx chassis sprayed in Clostermann etched primer, it has a good finish but I was expecting more of a satin finish, I may give it a satin varnish finish later.

post-13060-0-66213600-1405363162_thumb.jpg

Second photo is the body and cab and running plate, temporally just put together for the photo.  

post-13060-0-46285600-1405361956_thumb.jpg

Next is the running plate, the photos are not to my usual standard but it was a dull day in my office/modelling room with not very good light.

post-13060-0-18334200-1405361988_thumb.jpg

This was a Scorpio kit originally, but has passed hands a few times.

post-13060-0-34115100-1405363233_thumb.jpg

And finally the Pilgrim Mogul Tender.

post-13060-0-63186100-1405438098_thumb.jpg

post-13060-0-04759500-1405438154_thumb.jpg

Because of the restriction in photo sizes on RMweb  in the galleries, I shall be no longer adding any photos. Modelling photos are not so bad because I use a compact canon camera for theses.

All my other photos are taken on a Canon 7D in Raw format (file sizes range from 15 to 20 mb) so to get under 1 mb is not worth the trouble.

The photos I have taken recently on holidays can be seen on the flickr link in my signature.

Dave.

Hi All

Two Mogul Tender photos added, the chassis for it is in #31

Since I posted the tender photos in the brass state I've added tender buffers to the front, heads to be fitted later.

Dave

• 2 years later...
Guest Isambarduk

"... they are easy to downsize for RMweb. "

And the photos do not have to be in the gallery in RMWeb to be posted here, they can be published anywhere on the web.  For example, below is a photo of one of my locos that is published on my personal website (www.davidlosmith.co.uk) but I have added it here by putting html image insertion code around the URL for the image  (I can explain in detail if anybody's interested in doing it).

WarwickCastleLoco.jpg

More details at www.davidlosmith.co.uk/GWR_Warwick_Castle.htm

David

Archived