0-6-0 porter side tank Bachman USA loco (ho scale )

dana

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_276_915&products_id=5530

Is this the same model that Ontrak was selling last year as a  British loco ? I know the on track Model was 3.5mm making it as HOscale  but is this the same loco ?.  if that is the  case then i can order one here and follow step posted in other posts on this site to make it  4 mm scale . 

No .its a new model this year from Bachmann.It looks like it has the same chassis as the H0  Spectrum saddle tank which I always thought would make a great logging 2-6-2.The Porter would look great with some loading up of details .The original spectrum tank is a good runner .

Yesterday I just recieved 2 of the Bachman 0-6-0 Side-tank Porter locos as marketed here....http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_276_915&products_id=5530

As best I can tell they are built on the same mechanism and running gear as the Spectrum 0-6-0 Dockside saddle-tank locos from Bachmann. They are DCC equipped and the details and lettering are very good,clear and crisp but a bit noisy compared to the older Spectrum locos. Quite by coincedence I was looking through an old Hornby magazine and ran across a pic of an old US Army side tank loco in BR livery being used for shunting at the Royal Pier in Southampton in 1957.....Hornby Magazine, issue 31, January 2010...page 49 on the letters page. The model,besides being HO is not an exact copy but its close enough that I certainly wouldn't have a problem throwing some buffers on it, re-livering it and running it on my UK layout.

Btw...I think you can buy them cheaper from these guys... www.micromark.com

Cheers

Gene

• RMweb Gold

Quite by coincedence I was looking through an old Hornby magazine and ran across a pic of an old US Army side tank loco in BR livery being used for shunting at the Royal Pier in Southampton in 1957.....Hornby Magazine, issue 31, January 2010...page 49 on the letters page. The model,besides being HO is not an exact copy but its close enough that I certainly wouldn't have a problem throwing some buffers on it, re-livering it and running it on my UK layout.

Gene - the US loco you refer to was sent to Europe in substantial numbers during the latter part of WW2. It was then kept in service in several countries including Britain and France, and is currently the subject of HO models by two French manufacturers, as well as a forthcoming OO release here.

• RMweb Gold

I'm seeing a Barry Railway class K 0-6-2 here. Wonder if we can get them in the UK?

Ian

Available from Kernow in several different 'liveries' (all are black, just the lettering varies) in this weeks' newsletter - £77.99 a pop.  Basic shape forward of the cab looks like a fairly good starting point for a K (in original condition of course).

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

You are correct as the original release was from Electrotren as a Spanish loco. On Tracks did a version as an NCB Andrew Barclay tank as well.

The NCB model came in an Electrotren box with a label on the end stating it was "Distributed by OnTracks". 

John

Archived