night ferry CIWL f type sleeper

Mr chapman

Hello peeps. Im looking for some scale drawings for a wagon lits f type sleeper. Ive spoken to WW about producing some etches in N but he needs the drawings. Ive found the ones for the four wheeled vans but I cant find anything online for the sleepers. Does anyone know of any book that has them or a place I can contact? Its one of those must haves for my layout. Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Gold

In "Sleepers, Diners & Pullmans" by Robert Spark (Trafton Publishing ISBN:0 947890 08 4) there are some CIWL drawings of the the F class Sleeping Car in N (1:160)but, unfortunately the reproduction is not that clear - the dimensions are just about readable using a magnifying glass.

Can provide a picture of one of my HO F class Sleeping Cars recently released by LS Models but don't think that would be of much help!!!!

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that. The ho model may be off more help than you think. Perhaps I can get hold of one and produce drawings from that if its a accurate model.

OK, I'll post a couple of pics over the weekend....

LS Models produced these models so I would think, based on the stuff that they produce (and the time they take to get things to the market......lol), they should be pretty accurate models.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

The Model Rail article was with reference to the 4mm kits and RTR versions of all the ferry vehicles.  See http://www.marcmodels.co.uk/html/night_ferry.html They may be able to provide some advice or even produce a reduction of their etchings instead of getting someone else to start from scracth, perhaps.  (I know it's not that easy, but..)

Archived