Highlandman

Don't forget to add to your diaries the dates for Tolworth Showtrain, the Hampton Court Model Railway Societies annual exhibition.

red%20showtrain%20350px%20wide%20free%20

November 9th & 10th

Tolworth Recreation Centre,
Fullers Way North, Tolworth, Surrey, KT6 7LQ.

DATES

Saturday 10am-5.30pm
Sunday 10am-5.00pm

TICKETS

Adults £6.00
Children £3.00
Family (2+2) £15.00

PLEASE NOTE SUNDAY ONLY

1 child FREE with every paying adult

EXHIBITORS

LAYOUTS          

Purbeck (4mm, OO9, Dorset)

Weydon Road  (7mmm, O,  GWR/SR)

Walmington on Sea (4mm, OO, LB&SCR)

Old Elms Road (4mm, OO, BR (WR/SR) )

Mole End (7mm, 16.5mm, East England)

Simply Narrow Gauge (7mm, On30, USA)

Newchapel Junction (7mm, 32mm, SR/GWR)

Khan (4mm, 9mm, SW Africa)

Billton Goods (3mm, 12mm, LMS)

Meopham (East Junction) (4mm, OO, SR)

St Nichlaus (3.5mm, 16.5mm, Swiss)

Smržovka (3mm, 12mm, Czech)

Swiss Railway Society (Swiss)

Edwards Junction and Thomas End (4mm, 16.5mm, Sodor)

Hampton Court Model Railway Society

Wickhambreux Road (4mm, OO9, UK)

Seaboard Southern Modular (3.5mm, 16.5mm, USA)
Abbots Barton (4mm, 16.5mm, UK)

TRADERS
Priory Book
Barry Jones
Southern Drawings
Country Park Models
Steam Age

DC KIts & D E Videos

Videolines

Masterpiece from Falcon Figures
Wealistic Models
Mike Thorp Photos

Winco        

TOLWORTH SHOWTRAIN 2013: COMPLIMENTARY BUS SERVICE BETWEEN SURBITION STATION AND THE SHOW.

TIMETABLE

SATURDAY

Surbiton d 09:45 Tolworth Recreation Centre d 10:25   d 10:10   d 10:55   d 10:40   d 11:25   d 11:10   d 11:55   d 11:40   d 12:25   d 12:10   d 12:55   d 12:40   d 14:10   d 13:55   d 14:40   d 14:25   d 15:10   d 14:55   d 15:40   d 15:25   d 16:10   d 15:55   d 16:40   d 16:25   d 17:20

SUNDAY

Surbiton d 09:55 Tolworth Recreation Centre d 10:40   d 10:25   d 11:10   d 10:55   d 11:40   d 11:25   d 12:10   d 11:55   d 12:40   d 12:25   d 13:55   d 13:40   d 14:25   d 14:10   d 14:55   d 14:40   d 15:25   d 15:10   d 15:55   d 15:40   d 16:25   d 16:10   d 17:05

Departure Points

Surbiton
Adjacent to Bus Stop NN in St Marks Hill. Turn right outside station

Tolworth Recreation Centre
On Fullers Way North outside the Centre

Operator
The service will be operated by BEAR BUSES.

TfL services between Surbiton and the Show
Turn left outside station to Bus Stop NP.
Take bus to Hook Roundabout on Kingston By Pass - Routes 71, 465 or K4 (Not Sunday). At Roundabout, turn Left and walk to the Recreation Centre on the corner of Fullers Way North and the Kingston By Pass, about a 5 minute walk.
Normal Fares are payable.

TRAIN SERVICES TO SURBITON ON SUNDAY

On Sunday, due to Engineering works, Train services are severely restricted. For full details see the South West Trains website.

www.southwesttrains.co.uk/NovEng2013.aspx#125973.

Edit. New layout added

• 2 weeks later...

post-8259-0-65544200-1382608700.jpg

Our apologies but it appears we have missed an exhibitor of the exhibition listing.

In our American Hall we have visiting us The Black Diamonds Modular Group. This is a large 9mm gauge, 2mm scale USA layout.

Advantage Day Nursery have also kindly let us use their parking facilities again for our show weekend to cater for any overflow from the centre site.

post-8259-0-34880700-1382609697.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Now its next weekend!

Just a reminder that if you are thinking of travelling by train, then Saturday is the better day, we will be running buses from Surbiton station to the exhibition on both Saturday and Sunday - SWT will be running buses in place of some trains on Sunday morning as well!

Ofset against that, if you are bringing kids, then there will be free entry for accompanied children on SUNDAY only.

Jon

Bill, you don't have to bring the bike - thats why we lay a bus on from the station!

Jon

Sorry Jon, The logistics are just too awful. Bus to church, walk to Lewisham, train to W'loo, train to Clapham Junc, bus to Surbiton, bus to the show. Then most of it in reverse. I'll have to miss out on progress on Hamworthy.

Bill

Attention exhibitors - if you are setting up tonight, the A3 approaching Tolworth from the M25 is reported as running very slowly, so you may want to consider an alternative route. It has been raining heavily here most of the afternoon, so I imagine the problem is spray/standing water.

Take care.

Jon

• RMweb Gold

Very good show as usual, sorry no pics as the phone was nearly flat. Bus timetable was shot by 11 as the traffic around the station was at a standstill due to some road closures. I walked back to Surbiton ;) (needed the gps for the walk so glad I saved the battery)

Nice spread of trade and I got a nice bargain with a pair of mint Chinese QJ's for an extra discount on an already good price on KGR. Enjoyed several I've seen before particularly the O gauge in the centre of the hall you can walk in an around. Lots moving and shows an operation based layout can be good scenically within narrow boards. Had to move on from Ian's Czech layout before I got carried away and asked where to get some!

Yes I understand that the bus has been strugling in traffic all day, our appologies if you were waiting for longer than expected.

For those lucky enough to have a bus pass (or travel card/oyster card) you could use service bus routes K1 or 71 or the less frequent 281 which combine together to give 7 buses an hour on Sunday morning with a less than 10 minute walk at the TRC end of the journey.

Jon

Very good show as usual, sorry no pics as the phone was nearly flat. Bus timetable was shot by 11 as the traffic around the station was at a standstill due to some road closures. I walked back to Surbiton ;) (needed the gps for the walk so glad I saved the battery)

Nice spread of trade and I got a nice bargain with a pair of mint Chinese QJ's for an extra discount on an already good price on KGR. Enjoyed several I've seen before particularly the O gauge in the centre of the hall you can walk in an around. Lots moving and shows an operation based layout can be good scenically within narrow boards. Had to move on from Ian's Czech layout before I got carried away and asked where to get some!

Glad you liked the show and that we could tempt you from some money. Sorry if you had to wait for the bus. The road works around Surbiton, which were supposed to have finished by this weekend, had a real affect on the timetable.

Off we go again, round two of Tolworth Showtrain.

If you can please come and pay us a visit. We have some great layouts to look at and for those in to finescale track modelling we have the London branch of C&L Finescale.

Remember for TODAY we have entry for ONE FREE child for every paying adult. So if Mum wants to get rid of the kids, and I mean both grown up and young, come and pay us a visit.

10.00am - 5.00pm

May I, on behalf of my fellow operators, on Meopham East Junction thank John and everyone in his team who were concerned with the Tolworth show last weekend. We had a wonderful time (again) and look forward to another visit in the not too distant future. 

Well done everyone! :locomotive:

Archived