Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Thanks all track work is all done all wiring to the tracks are done all I need to think about is the fiddle yard I think I will use the cassettes 25+25+1.5 Aluminium angle it worked on bamar (My exhibition layout ) so it might work on bucks lane the Terraced houses what Lisa is making are coming on now just need to get more stone plastic and tiles then she can Finnish them off and then the messy part mod rocking the embankment pics will come when the bits are done

I have not done a lot since last update but I have thought about point motors and I think I will go with Jason and Tom about slow motors I have printed off the colbolt point motor Destruction manual and it looks good so I might bite the bullit and get some I am on Dcc but the points and signals will be old school Method due to what I know I will try and make it interlocked so I can't wrong route trains ( that's the idea )

As for the houses that Lisa is doing I have got some bits for her to finish them off ( I will have to be good to her ) but I will put pics up as I can

It's been quite on bucks lane the only thing I have done is covered the embankments with mod rock and paper I have been busy with work and I can't take the layout into the signal boxes lol pics will come soon next will be painting then the ballast and flock and then I can go onto the next board

Mod rock is done here are the pics and here is my little Adam helping me

Also woke up this morning with a brew and a new mug Lisa had got me a mug with the layouts name on it what a gem she is

I'm doing one board at a time the houses what Lisa has done will be going where the back borad is on the flat cutting near the bridge

post-12366-0-81662900-1382201562_thumb.jpg

post-12366-0-83258700-1382201585_thumb.jpg

post-12366-0-83016900-1382201605_thumb.jpg

post-12366-0-79122400-1382201625_thumb.jpg

post-12366-0-46504900-1382201640_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Just an update I have painted the embanckments ready for the grass I am using different shades and I am going to have a go at static grass but I am going to look into how it's done if anyone can help it would be Appreciated

I have been busy at work so the layout has not been moving fast but the signals are coming on I have made a junction signal with 4 pegs on it and I will be placing it before the Scissors crossover so trains will come from the fiddle yard under the bridge to the signal where it has 4 routes 3 to the station and one to the goods yard I will put pics on when I can

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Put a layer or two of flock down before the static grass would be my advice, as it looks a bit 'bowling green' on it's own. I've got a couple of grassy areas, one with flock, etc., added on top as well, the other with just the static grass at the moment and the latter definitely needs life breathing into it (or scattering onto it ;))

Thanks Jason I am going to have a go this week at the embanckments then the ballasting

Bucks lane will be having some work done on it I am on Annual leave this week then I am at the model railway show in bacup on 2-3 of November with bamar so if anyone is coming to the show stop and say hi

I have done the grass on the embankments I still need to do another layer but I have hit a problem the bridge is too wide it should only be able to fit two cars but as it stands it can carry about 5 not good there is a few ways I can do it cut it off and start again bring the back board what hides the fiddle yard towards the bridge I need to make it look ok and as it stands it looks out of place with the cars on it so tonight this is my work pics on the progress will come soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to use colbolt point motors and the outcome is is good they are a nice unit good to set up and I have used push buttons to set routes next wil be the ballasting and platforms. I still need to fine ajust some points but all is good on bucks lane I am taking my time on this layout not like the others I had

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Some more pics to show I the track weathered but noticed when trying the wagons over some points they were jumping over not good so looked into it and found that there was a big gap between the frog and the shoulder so I have to sort them out.

Having to unsolder the three sleepers from frog to the shoulder where the check rail is and close the gap then replace the sleepers. Hopefully I should get them done soon

post-12366-0-63726400-1389452456_thumb.jpg

post-12366-0-47792900-1389452471_thumb.jpg

post-12366-0-53308200-1389452501_thumb.jpg

• Like 6