British design, PKP built and run

Yes, it's the PKP Class EU06 , which is similar to the old class 83 (and to me, looks a lot like all of classes 81-85, but then I'm a bit dim...).

After a random trawl through some European model rail sites, I found the name of a Polish company making these in HO. I mentally tucked it away as possibly useful if and when my British HO project gets off the ground. Unfortunately, I then forgot the name of the Polish model company, so if anyone can help me with that, I'd be most grateful! I seem to recall that the name was about 8 letters long, with alternate consonants and vowels, something like "Kotoloko" (but not that, obviously...).

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's the PKP Class EU06 , which is similar to the old class 83 (and to me, looks a lot like all of classes 81-85, but then I'm a bit dim...).

After a random trawl through some European model rail sites, I found the name of a Polish company making these in HO. I mentally tucked it away as possibly useful if and when my British HO project gets off the ground. Unfortunately, I then forgot the name of the Polish model company, so if anyone can help me with that, I'd be most grateful! I seem to recall that the name was about 8 letters long, with alternate consonants and vowels, something like "Kotoloko" (but not that, obviously...).

Hi Steve,

Just had a trawl through the internet and came across this: http://en.tololoko.pl/

I'm guessing that this is the company you had in mind!

Cheers,

John.

I thought you'd linked to completely the wrong website when I clicked on that. Their graphic design is certainly rather different from Hornby or Bachmann.

Paul

Perhaps there might be more "mainstream appeal" if Hornby or Bachmann's websites were a bit like that, rather than the stereotypical of slightly eccentric people in lofts or big sheds "playing trains" and making all the little noises and blowing a whistle to despatch their model trains and model people.

Or is that just me?

I thought you'd linked to completely the wrong website when I clicked on that. Their graphic design is certainly rather different from Hornby or Bachmann.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes! Me too! When i found it i thought "oh, oh, this aint right!" but it is!

Probably rather expensive though, shame!

Cheers,

John E.

Hi Steve,

Just had a trawl through the internet and came across this: http://en.tololoko.pl/

I'm guessing that this is the company you had in mind!

Cheers,

John.

John, you're a star! I wasn't too far off with the spelling, was I... ?

As it happens, Tololoko seem to be producing the EU07, not 06, but they look very similar. No sign of any prices, though. Suspect they may be pricey!

• RMweb Premium

Sigh... I remember seeing the "Polish 83s" in about 1985 alongside diesels and steam in abundance. Just like Crewe in about 1962 :D

Bill

When a friend and myself were wandering around Poznan Depot in 2004 (after the OL 49 had been serviced, turned and we had had our 'grub' with the crew) we were thinking how like the late 60's it was in England. The next year, whilst doing the Kiev Depots, it was just like the 70's at Tinsley or Toton except parts of the sheds were half-roundhouse (typical Eastern Europe) with turntables.

Have you been to Wolsztyn?

APOLOGIES THIS IS IN THE UK PROTOTYPE FORUM!

Sincerely, 36E

• RMweb Premium

"Perhaps there might be more "mainstream appeal" if Hornby or Bachmann's websites were a bit like that, rather than the stereotypical of slightly eccentric people in lofts or big sheds "playing trains" and making all the little noises and blowing a whistle to despatch their model trains and model people."

I don't know, they seem to have the right idea abot their target market:

Create your own eccentric collection

"If you are a connoisseur, who appreciates beauty and class thanks to Tololoko models you will create a unique collection. We are at your disposal ??“ contact us to get to know our limited editions closer. We make dreams come true and we meet the requirements of the circle of hotheads who we are proud to be part of."

Pete

Perhaps there might be more "mainstream appeal" if Hornby or Bachmann's websites were a bit like that, rather than the stereotypical of slightly eccentric people in lofts or big sheds "playing trains" and making all the little noises and blowing a whistle to despatch their model trains and model people.

Or is that just me?

Sorry, I've not got the time to reply just yet, the 1955, 1959 and 2006 departures have to be dispatched and the PC isn't working too well in this cold shed ! .....

Hi all.

This will be a very interesting thread for me as the current Mrs Penguin hails from that neck of the woods, so I get to travel PKP (very much like the 70's over here), more often than is healthy for a railway enthusiast. She also has close friends who work on the system so they were both very pleased with the Peak I made for each of them last time I was over!

My question is this though, are the Polish class 83's still running on the system and if so, where? I am going over there in April and it would be great to have a rie behind one.....

Cheers.

Sean.

Archived