New Mercian kit?

I was at the Daventry exhibition last weekend (which, with a good array of quality layouts and traders, deserved to be far better supported than it was) and while I was there picked up a price list from Mercian Models.

Its only now that I come to look at it that I notice it features "Bagnall 0-6-0ST Victor/Vulcan", price TBA.

That was the first I'd heard about and a glitch on his website means that clicking on a picture simply enlarges the picture instead of taking you to the relevant section, so I was unable to learn any more there.

Anyone else any info?

I was at the Daventry exhibition last weekend (which, with a good array of quality layouts and traders, deserved to be far better supported than it was) and while I was there picked up a price list from Mercian Models.

Its only now that I come to look at it that I notice it features "Bagnall 0-6-0ST Victor/Vulcan", price TBA.

That was the first I'd heard about and a glitch on his website means that clicking on a picture simply enlarges the picture instead of taking you to the relevant section, so I was unable to learn any more there.

Anyone else any info?

Yes, I've been watching that one too. All the website says is "Out of Stock". I'd like to know more because they are real beasties. 

• RMweb Premium

If it's a 7mm kit, it's been out for quite some time - maybe 10 years or so! I have an unbuilt kit as part of my stalled 7mm ideas.

As Chris says, it's a real beastie and I was lucky enough to have a driver experience course on 2994 or 2996 at Tyseley many years ago.

Cheers,

Mick

If it's a 7mm kit, it's been out for quite some time

Nope!  It was on the 4mm price list.

Only a few months ago I worked out that with my current rate of construction I already had enough kits to last me until I was about 120 years old and resolved not to buy any more.  The prospect of one of these beasties means that resolution is already under threat!

Archived