Cannot load photos of any size today

Hi RMweb,

Not sure why but I cannot load JPEGs of 160Kb today, trying with normal upload system I get the pink failure notice, with extra script saying I have exceeded my quota.

With the basic uploader I just get, 'This upload failed'.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rob

This still does not work.

Using the basic uploader after selecting the image and asking it be attached, the image number comes up and the wheel goes around in 'clear selection'. And I get nothing.

Using the advanced uploader 'Error 10' appears.

I've never had these problems before except when attempting to load an image in the 'classified' section. And that still persists.

• RMweb Gold

I've just loaded a pic 750KB with no problem at all.

Andy asked us last week to keep below 1MB, although that message has now gone, and the declared limit on the picture-loading box is now 3MB - better than before. If there are still problems, this weekend will not have seen much activity from Andy as he is fully engaged at Peterborough.

• RMweb Gold

John, I just tried uploading the photo below in its original size (2,8 MB) and got the same result as what you mention.

post-738-0-05912100-1382277818.jpg

I then reduced the size to 548 KB and it uploaded as below. So I think Andy's request to not upload images above 1MB may still apply?

post-738-0-39278600-1382277665.jpg

• RMweb Gold

John, I just tried uploading the photo below in its original size (2,8 MB) and got the same result as what you mention.

attachicon.gifUdklip.JPG

I then reduced the size to 548 KB and it uploaded as below. So I think Andy's request to not upload images above 1MB may still apply?

attachicon.gifImg_1536.jpg

I've just loaded this one with no problems but I first reduced it to 554kb.  I do sometimes get problems with the loading takinga  very long time (with pics this size) so I press 'Clear Selection' and then start again - that usually seems to work but it's always far from 'instantaneous'

post-6859-0-38341600-1382280326_thumb.jpg

Thanks gentlemen, for the comments and interest.

I have other things to do so I think I'll leave this for the time being. Perhaps matters will improve and I can go back to my customary sizes of postings.

PS, Mike, I was remiss in not remarking earlier upon the image you put up, very good, whilst I'm not a LNER fan the achievement in getting 'Tornado' up and running has to be admired.

My uploads are working ok now, all under 400Kb., but the process has changed, with different graphics, a little wheel instead of a bar when loading. I make all my uploads exactly 800 pixels wide, the compression seems too great when I load a , say, 2,000 pixel wide 1MB pic. 

Best,

Rob

Archived