LSWR `Black Motor` 700 Class

Pete M

• RMweb Gold

Hello everybody,

Just to let you know that a r-t-r model of the above is bound to be announced shortly as my PDK Kit arrived this morning. I've never known it to fail yet! Just a warning...

Pete M.

I wish I thought you were right! OO Works did a run of them a few years back, but I wasn't in the right place at the right time to order one. Hope your kit falls together well.

Hello everybody,

Just to let you know that a r-t-r model of the above is bound to be announced shortly as my PDK Kit arrived this morning. I've never known it to fail yet! Just a warning...

Pete M.

But the r-t-r model can never have the same sense of 'i built that' type pride many get from building a kit.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just recently some kit builder in the EM world wanted to buy my PDK 700 kit for a client. It  was offered, including wheels, motor and gearbox, sprung buffers, screw-couplings and he would not offer me more than £65  :nono: I only wanted about £85 and that is well under-priced IMHO, but it is for a fellow EM person I thought at the time.

This is one of the few times I have experienced a rather rude and unhelpful, so called modeller in all my years of buying and selling stuff.

Needless to say I still have it and may well build it just out of spite! 

P

Archived