Supplier of Bogies for Ironclad BTK's

Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I'm soon to acquire 2 Phoenix Kits Dia. 213 / 135 BTK's via a well known auction site and was trying to find a supplier for the bogies. They don't appear to be included in the Branchlines detailing kits (which I have on order), so I've gone the obvious route and sent an email to Phoenix but as yet I've not had a reply (I'm not a member but was hoping they might part with some bogies). 

I understand they were originally built with LSWR Warner Double Framed "Dreadnought" bogies and was wondering whether they would have retained these up until they were withdrawn or were any BTK's fitted with Maunsell bogies?

TIA

Tim

The LSWR Ironclads were fitted with the Dreadnought 9' bogie; a few early SR coaches had an interim 9' design; the last SR Ironclads had the steam 8' design.  Don't think any were re-bogies but it's all in Mike King's book.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

The LSWR Ironclads were fitted with the Dreadnought 9' bogie; a few early SR coaches had an interim 9' design; the last SR Ironclads had the steam 8' design.  Don't think any were re-bogies but it's all in Mike King's book.

Bill

Thanks Bill

I did have a quick look in King and Gould but couldn't find the diffinative answer :dontknow:  .  If I could track down a copy of Weddell's LSWR Carriages in the 20th Century (for under £300) I'd be a happy man!

Thanks Bill

I did have a quick look in King and Gould but couldn't find the diffinative answer :dontknow:  .  If I could track down a copy of Weddell's LSWR Carriages in the 20th Century (for under £300) I'd be a happy man!

How much!!!!!?????!!!!  Gordon had problems in getting this book published at all.

All the LSWR and the first four SR coaches (so 3180-3191) had Dreadnoughts, the remaining SR coaches (3192-3210) had Ashford 9' bogies.  Sorry none with 8' steam bogies.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

247 Developments do the Ironclad bogies. Based on my own experience, and that of other comments on this site, you'll probably not get a reply to your query about the Phoenix bogies.

Thanks, I'll give 247 a bell. :thankyou:

How much!!!!!?????!!!!  Gordon had problems in getting this book published at all.

All the LSWR and the first four SR coaches (so 3180-3191) had Dreadnoughts, the remaining SR coaches (3192-3210) had Ashford 9' bogies.  Sorry none with 8' steam bogies.

Bill

You think £300 is excessive check these sharks out :devil:

Oh and they've arrived in the post, nice kits with pre-scribed doors :imsohappy: just need the Branchlines kits to arrive and i can stick my fingers together!

Thanks to all for the help.

Tim

• RMweb Premium

Well they've arrived.. just need to build up the courage to solder them together (or cop out and use cyano). :bad:

I've also bitten the bullet and applied to SRG for membership, so we'll see what happens there.

Thanks to all for the heads up

Cheers

Tim

Archived