"Wellboring" a single track DMU terminus, DCC programming plank

muddys-blues

Martin, you know yourself there will never be a Phase Two !!!!!  :nono: ........................................................................................

There is a curve planned though  :O hence the reason the bridge has not been put right at the end of the board, but it's still a programming plank don'tcha know"  :drag:

Happy Modelling

Craig.

Oh Craig you are so in denial mate ! ! !

The second you place any piece of scenery onto a "test track" it instantly becomes a layout and you have gone way beyond a single piece of scenery.

Accept what you have done and rejoice because you know, deep in your heart, there will be a phase 2 :D

Sorry Corax67 I have to disagree with you there, firstly I am not in denial  :nono: , I think I mentioned somewhere that I may just stick a 36" radii curve on it !!!!  :whistle: and that is only to give the sound programmed locos and units a bit more length to turn their wheels on, and I only stuck some scenery on it to make it look a  bit more interesting  :smoke:

Saying that, I am now thinking of putting a passing loop on the "possible" curved section !! so contrary to what a few of you RMwebbers thinks "IT'S STILL A BLOODY DCC PROGRAMMING PLANK"   :scratchhead: I think.

Happy Modelling "even on a programming plank"

Craig.

What I have is a DCC Programming track, with the addition of a couple of sets of rollers -

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What you have is most definitely a layout, and a really nice one too

You need some scenery on that.........just to jazz it up a bit and make it a bit more interesting "when programming things", a bit like mine   :wink_mini:

Your a shaker he is a pne. Well I live almost between them both. The baby's not due til may some I'm goin to try get the end to end layout finished this month. I got a elink to power it of the gf for Xmas. So I've been trying to learn its working.

Welcome to the party.

A Trotter? Or a Plastic heaven forbid. Accy or Oswaldtwistle FC?.

Still would have a marginally better condition pitch than the Shakers. :)

Country and Western.............. :D

Good progress Craig !

Mine are usually in the wheelybin by this stage.

Looking forward to 009 on a lengthy rake of Speedlink :)

Ian

Hi Ian thanks for the compliment, you are right that "now sound fitted " split box 37 will look great arriving into the station with a rake of Speedlink vans................ probably look a bit daft pushing them back out though ???? I will just have it coming in light, rattle a few stones and platform flags loose then leave again.

Best regards

Craig

Welcome to the party.

A Trotter? Or a Plastic heaven forbid. Accy or Oswaldtwistle FC?.

Still would have a marginally better condition pitch than the Shakers. :)

Country and Western.............. :D

Right that's it's now, is there a block or ignore button ???? ;-)

Martha : "Who's on tonight then", Bloke on the Door : "It's Country and Western", Arthur : "Who's on Martha ?", Martha "Some......"

Best regards

Craig

Ok people I have managed to have a little tinkering on Wellboring this evening, and I have knocked up the outline parts for the Station exit steps, the first picture shows the sections loosely assembled, the second picture shows the parts in place for measuring purposes, they will not be glued in place till the track laying is completed "this week sometime", the steps are utilised from the Metcalfe footbridge model, and the stone walls are the Wills coarse stone sheets butchered, on the sloping wall side, this is two sheets stuck back to back so there is detail on the steps side also, it has yet to have some capping stones fitted and I will cut and scribe some mortar marks in to the wall end at the bottom of the steps, the walls will all eventually all be the same colours once painting progresses.

Thanks for looking in on this project, I hope some of you find it a little interesting.

Happy modelling

Craig.

post-8721-0-85892600-1389559549.jpg

post-8721-0-94287300-1389559574.jpg

Nice work Craig or alternatively

Never in the field of Railway Modelling was so much written about so little! :jester:  :jester:

Ha ha...you may jest Martin, but I am a bit self concious of turning out as someone who seems to be over egging something that is so simple really, and I sincerely hope that this project topic doesn't come over as a load of waffling nonsense  :read:

Happy modelling

Craig.

• RMweb Gold

Ha ha...you may jest Martin, but I am a bit self concious of turning out as someone who seems to be over egging something that is so simple really, and I sincerely hope that this project topic doesn't come over as a load of waffling nonsense  :read:

Happy modelling

Craig.

Nope, not at all :nono: :nono:

You've somehow managed to throw a few bits of walling and platform onto a test track and make it into something that looks really good already... That's a skill, that is :)

Really like the steps, as well. Again, something really simple, but looks great, and fits in really well with the rest.

Nice one mate,

Al.

• RMweb Gold

Ssssh..... I am trying to avoid that for now...... I was thinking of changing it to present day Pwllheli, and have no trains on it like the real thing, just a load of replacement minibus taxis parked outside the station fighting over the 3 passengers a day  :scratchhead:

Hi Craig

Had I quick read through this last night and it reminded me of Pwllheli, used to go there was I young in the early 80's. We used to stay in Dyffryn Ardudwy used to love the double headed 37's on the summer specials from Euston were only three coaches used to fit in the platforms. Happy memories with class 101 and 108's, keep up the good work.

Paul

Hi Paul & Lifeboatman many thanks for taking the time to browse this topic and comment on it, as quoted by Forrest Gump "Simple is as simple does" - may be more of us should lead life this way, it would certainly alleviate some of the stresses we create ourselves.

Happy modelling

Craig.

Hi Ian, I am glad you like the stairs, back to the issue of the brickwork and colours, well it will just all be typical British atmospheric colour, in truth this means an experiment in the art of painting and weathering whilst hopefully potraying a build up of years of crappy British air and all it's pollutants, this will blend in colour difference, which in turn will help in going someway to hiding the texture difference between the two makes of material sheets used.

That should keep me busy for a bit or drive me nuts.

Happy modelling

Craig

Both, I reckon! As much as I like working with card, that's the real beauty of working with plastic textures... you can just keep going over it with thin washes until it looks right, and then keep going some more until it looks right and filthy! More pics when you're ready mate - this is gonna be a good one. Pete.

Hi Pete, in truth I am looking forward to getting going on the painting, I have some DAS clay for filling a d moulding, I have a few new recently bought for me cd's to listen to, so this will be a good bit of quality me time, some Seasick Steve, Radio 1 live lounge double cd and Wedding Present blasting whilst daubing on the filthy washes.

Priceless,

PS Martin Wales, I have my cutting list for the curved DCC programming plank, it would be a shame not to join them together though...wouldn't it ??????

Happy modelling

Craig

Hi Ian, I am glad you like the stairs, back to the issue of the brickwork and colours, well it will just all be typical British atmospheric colour, in truth this means an experiment in the art of painting and weathering whilst hopefully potraying a build up of years of crappy British air and all it's pollutants, this will blend in colour difference, which in turn will help in going someway to hiding the texture difference between the two makes of material sheets used.

Happy modelling

Craig

*Usually Black

http://www.prestonstation.org.uk/feature_peaks/A_18%2045055%20@%20Preston_1024.JPG

45055 on Preston South - note wall behind - similar texture to the stairs.

Ian

Archived