"Wellboring" a single track DMU terminus, DCC programming plank

muddys-blues

Hello fellow modellers, sadly in the last week or so I have not got much done on Wellboring due to personal circumstances, but tonight I managed to grab an hour surfing and tinkering, I have now got to the point of assembling the steps, I have added a handrail and handrail brackets to the tall wall side, I have stone capped the sloping wall side, the whole assembly is now ready for undercoating in to grey primer ready for starting on the wall and mortar painting and weathering.

Happy modelling

Craig.

post-8721-0-31763700-1390166181.jpg

post-8721-0-17712000-1390166204.jpg

Wellboring - Way Out - steps, I have been Googling but as yet to no avail, does anybody have any pictures showing something of the real thing on the BR network around the 80's or 90's showing the signage and it's positioning in a prototype enviroment, I was thinking of have an arched metal framework over the steps at the bottom showing the "way out" and possibly another similar framework at the top of the steps.

Any pictures or suggestions would be very welcome.

Best regards & happy modelling

Craig.

post-8721-0-71690900-1390167511.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian, thanks for the compliment, as you know my personal circumstances have put my life on hold in the past months or so, and sadly my time here at home in Wales will be at a minimum for another week or so, I am hoping that after Tuesday 18th Feb, life will hopefully settle back down to some sort of normality.

Best regards & happy modelling

Craig.

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow modellers and followers, sorry I have not updated this thread in the last month or so, personal Family circumstances have took priority, but I hope soon to get my modelling mojo back in swing, many thanks to those have sent messages of support during our difficult times that we have experienced.

Happy modelling to all.

Watch this space..I am getting my revs back up, onwards and upwards hopefully.

Many thanks

Craig.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian, not much done as I been redecorating the "Boudoir of Love"  :blush_mini:  for Mrs B. we are hopefully moving back in there this weekend, so I plan to take a break from some decorating and crack on with Wellboring again, 

So hopefully some updates very soon.

Anyway more importantly, best of luck to you and Ann with the birth of your little one........nice times ahead for you all. I keep popping in on your layout thread, it is looking great, I like the fact you have even lets us see the warts and all, it lets others see the pitfalls that we all come across when modelling. and that offers a helping hand to others to in planning.

Good luck with everything Ian.

Happy modelling......right back to the Boudoir, putting up 2 blinds now.

Craig.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Ian, not much done as I been redecorating the "Boudoir of Love"  :blush_mini:  for Mrs B. we are hopefully moving back in there this weekend, so I plan to take a break from some decorating and crack on with Wellboring again, 

So hopefully some updates very soon.

Anyway more importantly, best of luck to you and Ann with the birth of your little one........nice times ahead for you all. I keep popping in on your layout thread, it is looking great, I like the fact you have even lets us see the warts and all, it lets others see the pitfalls that we all come across when modelling. and that offers a helping hand to others to in planning.

Good luck with everything Ian.

Happy modelling......right back to the Boudoir, putting up 2 blinds now.

Craig.

well craig its one month on and im still awaiting a update. . my baby is still not here but its due date isnt until wednesday but id like them here if not before as i need to get ready for my first outing on the 17 /18 things are moving fast 

cheers ian 

• 6 months later...

Archived