Rapido Trains UK Release

Guest CPRAIL3000

Now, if only it was a 38...As there is numerous 3s and derivatives of 3 with them...

C38

30 members of the class

First built in 1943-last built in 1949

The original order was placed in 1939

The first interstate Spirit of Progress was hauled by 3830 and 3813

Length is 23.279m

3 companies constructed them

8=3x2+2 (3x2 as the 8 is the second number (3x1 being 3), plus two as the 38s had two cylinders)

4+6+2=12 (The C38s being the first and only NSWGR Pacific locomotives)

Before anyone knocks it, the new boiler for 3801 is in Germany, so it could be shipped via. Shildon.... :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :jester:

Now, if only it was a 38...As there is numerous 3s and derivatives of 3 with them...

C38

30 members of the class

First built in 1943-last built in 1949

The original order was placed in 1939

The first interstate Spirit of Progress was hauled by 3830 and 3813

Length is 23.279m

3 companies constructed them

8=3x2+2 (3x2 as the 8 is the second number (3x1 being 3), plus two as the 38s had two cylinders)

4+6+2=12 (The C38s being the first and only NSWGR Pacific locomotives)

Before anyone knocks it, the new boiler for 3801 is in Germany, so it could be shipped via. Shildon.... :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :jester:

You don't write under the nom-de-plume Dan Brown do you by any chance..............................

You don't write under the nom-de-plume Dan Brown do you by any chance..............................

Coming this summer from Rapido Models....

THE RAPIDO CODE

Got to include the breathless blurb.

An ingenious code hidden in the works of the UK railway industry. A desperate race through the museum archives derived from UK railway works. An astonishing truth concealed from modellers . . . unveiled at last.

While in England, a Canuck trainologist has a startling realisation. All previous modelmakers have murdered the subjects their products are supposed to represent, deflecting attention from this by having the body covered in baffling symbols. As he and his gifted colleague sort through the fine detail, they are stunned to discover a trail of clues hidden in the works of Terence Cuneo—clues visible for all to see and yet ingeniously disguised by the painter.

An ingenious code hidden in the works of the UK railway industry. A desperate race through the museum archives derived from UK railway works. An astonishing truth concealed from modellers . . . unveiled at last.

While in England, a Canuck trainologist has a startling realisation. All previous modelmakers have murdered the subjects their products are supposed to represent, deflecting attention from this by having the body covered in baffling symbols. As he and his gifted colleague sort through the fine detail, they are stunned to discover a trail of clues hidden in the works of Terence Cuneo—clues visible for all to see and yet ingeniously disguised by the painter.

'Hidden in the works of Cuneo'? It's those pesky mice from 'Hitch-hikers Guide...', isn't it?

I don't know whether to buy it or write it!

This is actually quite accurate.  Except for the Terence Cuneo bit.  The trail of clues starts at the SMMT.

-Jason

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Markham, Ontario, Canada and Shildon, County Durham, UK - Rapido Trains Inc. and Locomotionmodels.com, the NRM's online model railway store invite you to a 3D Scan Railway Party at Locomotion: The National Railway Museum at Shildon!

The party takes place on 24 June 2014 between 10:00 and 17:00. Drop in any time during the day!

Rapido and Locomotionmodels.com have chosen to work together to bring you Rapido's first British-outline model. Rapido has a reputation for museum-quality products with an impressive level of accuracy and an insane amount of detail. Locomotionmodels.com has established a well-deserved reputation for accuracy and refinement in its Exclusive Edition "National Collection in Miniature" series.

Rapido's first British model is an ideal fit for the "Exclusive National Collection in Miniature" series and it was an obvious choice for the two organizations to team up to bring you this project.

At the 3D Scan Railway Party, Rapido and Locomotionmodels.com will be announcing the new model and performing a 3D scan of the NRM's iconic original to ensure that the model has the correct contours.

At the 3D Scan Railway Party, you will:

- see the 3D scan of the secret new model in progress
- receive guided tours of vehicles in the Locomotion collection not normally open to the public
- enjoy a delicious lunch
- meet Jason and Bill from Rapido as well as the Locomotion team
- learn about how the newest model trains are designed and built
- see displays of Rapido and Locomotion models
- receive a goody bag including exclusive badges and other fun stuff
- enjoy a great day out at a fabulous railway museum!

The cost for entry to this exclusive event is £10 per person. Children 13 and under are free. The main museum at Shildon remains open to the public and entry is free.

Book your train tickets to Shildon today and don't miss this opportunity to be a part of British model railway history. Please RSVP by 17 June to ensure we have enough lunch for everyone.

If you are coming by car, please use DL4 2RE for satnavs.

For more information or to RSVP, please contact:

Pamela Porter
Events Officer
Locomotion: The National Railway Museum at Shildon
pam.porter@nrm.org.uk
01388 771445

or

Bill Schneider
Product Development
Rapido Trains Inc.
bschneider@rapidotrains.com
001 860 554 5281

You can also contact us by post:

3D Scan Railway Party
"Locomotion"
Shildon
Co Durham
DL4 1PQ

OK, OK I think I've deciphered the message above, The press release see how they focus on Food now look at their blog http://www.rapidotrains.com/blog/ note the British T Shirt with reference to Bacon and also the next picture showing the menu....... again Food........

Now on the 24th June Shildon will surely be one Amazing Place To Eat.... can you see it ....  let me show you Amazing Place To Eat ...... take the 1st letters and

APT E

Only took me 3 weeks to come up with that ....... :banghead: 

Steve

OK, OK I think I've deciphered the message above, The press release see how they focus on Food now look at their blog http://www.rapidotrains.com/blog/ note the British T Shirt with reference to Bacon and also the next picture showing the menu....... again Food........

Now on the 24th June Shildon will surely be one Amazing Place To Eat.... can you see it ....  let me show you Amazing Place To Eat ...... take the 1st letters and

APT E

Steve

...or you might just be over-rating the caterers.... !

Hey, personally I like the Airflow idea..... :>)

Bill Schneider

Rapido Trains

Now on the 24th June Shildon will surely be one Awful Place To Eat.... can you see it ....  let me show you Awful Place To Eat ...... take the 1st letters and

APT E

Steve

...or you might just be over-rating the caterers.... !

Bill Schneider

Rapido Trains

Damn .... 3 weeks locked away thinking of that....... but hang on......

Its ok I can work with that and still come up with the same answer..... Edit above (but dont tell the caterers ) :scared:

my head is fried with this thread.  i recall that the loco in question was not at shildon but had to be moved there - is that right or has the move taken place now?

is apt-e already at shildon or is it down in York?

has an exhibit from York NRM recently been removed from public display, moved to another part of the site or gone undercover/out of view?

my head is fried with this thread.  i recall that the loco in question was not at shildon but had to be moved there - is that right or has the move taken place now?

is apt-e already at shildon or is it down in York?

has an exhibit from York NRM recently been removed from public display, moved to another part of the site or gone undercover/out of view?

Mike Wiltshire

Archived