New Miniart Tram kit in 1/35

Tigermoth

Trams like this were used in many European cities and will come in very handy in military dioramas .There are lots of pics of bombed out trams .I always thought it was amazing how quick the germans got their trams back  running .Of course also the German offensive against Moscow came to a grinding halt at a tram stop .Imagine the whole German Army waiting for a tram and it didnt arrive .Bit like London really ,same thing would have probably happened there too .German general s consulting a time table and swearing ."Zinks ver diffrent in Berlin, eliektritsch trammenfahrtvolkskart alvays on time .".

• RMweb Gold

On the website, they say that the kit contains "tram supports" which turns out to mean posts for the overhead. It would be useful if they sold those separately as well as the moulded cobbles base.

I think that Tigermoth has correctly identified the prototype. As now, there would have been some detail differences between operators. I may even have one of these among my collection of unmade HO tram kits.

Edit: Just been on the Creative Models website. They do sell the posts and roadway as separate items: refs 35523 and 36040. Amazing range of buildings as well. Amongst the 1:72 stuff is a railway goods shed that would look fine on a 4mm UK prototype layout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I have one ready to build, well more to use as source of parts for a narrow gauge railcar.  As kit is 1/35, it is for a non railway modelling gauge, as is also quite narrow in body, which is why I am planning to build something for narrow gaugr using it as parts. .

I found this on Amazon. Seems to be a reasonable price. I thought it not too far away from 1:32 scale for which figures, vehicles etc are available in addition to the Miniart figures also advertised. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Miniart-Tramcar-Strassenbahn-Triebwagen-Plastic/dp/B00IFUSMSY/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BZX03Z0XN43Y8B1DYXYW

Archived