The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Help required

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

I need a favour if your able?

I entered a Liverpool radio station photo competition to send in a picture for each of their themed 25 days.

I sent in 20 pictures and have been short listed down to 15 final pics with 4 of mine making up those.

The vote is 1 person 1 vote via their website.

The prize if I win, will enable me to upgrade my camera, and subsequently allow me to present my existing DSLR to the air cadets squadron who's committee I'm chair of. Voting is open to all and although I have pictures 2, 4 ,5 & 6 in the comp, to concentrate votes on 4 & 6 seems like a good idea or else the vote between 4 could be too spread.

Can you help please?

The site is as follows;

Http://www.juicefm.com/win/photo-a-day-vote/

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Dave

Guest Celticwardog

For those names I see and have seen pontificating and getting on their moral high horses in other threads, and yet are perfectly willing to help someone CHEAT in a competition...what absolute hypocrites you are!

Oh...and I sent a screen dump of this to the radio station.

Shame on the mods for allowing it!!!

For those names I see and have seen pontificating and getting on their moral high horses in other threads, and yet are perfectly willing to help someone CHEAT in a competition...what absolute hypocrites you are!

Bah humbug!

It invites friends and family to vote as well as anyone else.

Shame, as I thought we were all friends here!

• RMweb Gold

Lee - such competitions are all about the competition and the organiser's hype from launching it, and we live in an era of everyone getting their family, friends and the bloke in the cornershop to vote for them. Vox pop is the thing! Just look at Facebook, where every day there is an entreaty to get a million votes for something, and then it will cure cancer or some such claim. DJM Dave is a popular figure on the forum, due to his previous positive role in a major supplier's team, and now in his own right as an emerging manufacturer. Many people on here feel they already have a strong virtual bond with him, so are delighted to help out, especially when he is then going to donate something else to a deserving cause. No harm, no foul IMHO.

Guest Celticwardog

Got ya!

"DJM Dave is a popular figure on the forum, due to his previous positive role in a major supplier's team, and now in his own right as an emerging manufacturer."

It's exactly because of who it is that you have turned a blind eye, gathering votes is not in the spirit of the rules. There is a massive difference between asking family to cast votes and asking for them on a forum!

However, I expect exactly the same reaction from the mods. Given the OP has a thread pretty much asking "tell me what I should make so you will buy it thread". How is that not promoting goods/services again which is not in the spirit of the rules. Do the rules go out the window when it's one of your mates?

Corruption in extremis!

Corruption in extremis!

Whoa :nono:

Ok you prompted me ;) I think that is taking it a bit too far.

Given the OP has a thread pretty much asking "tell me what I should make so you will buy it thread". How is that not promoting goods/services again which is not in the spirit of the rules.

RMweb has always allowed a certain amount of small supplier "advertising" and I consider the willingness of any supplier to get involved in the forum a great asset to the forum. Of course ALL "advertising" has to pass the admin approval first but I do wish more suppliers would get involved and are to be encouraged.

Some have even been sponsors of the site and helped it to survive over the years before the corporate sponsorship/buy out by BRM

As far as this topic is concerned, personally I have no interest in it, other than responding to the above post. As I said I see it very much as a spill over from the somewhat distatsteful (for me) activity that has emanated from those ghastly Facebook and Twitter sites, and we do have the "like" buttons on RMWeb.

As for the photos I have no interest, haven't even bothered to look at them and have no interest in voting them up in any way. So I'll continue to ignore them and return to ignoring this topic.

Guest Celticwardog

You have already stated this is of no interest to you yet thought you would stir it up anyway? I messaged you as you know as I thought you were constantly getting attacked, now I can see why. I think you go out of your way to say the exact opposite of anyone, and yet you get heated up over the most trivial thing if it upsets your moral compass.

My point regarding the subliminal or nat advertising is that it seems only "freinds" of the forum can do it. Unfair, selective and a total conflict of interest.

Corruption in extremis!

That's is actually the slogan of the Police in the Simpsons....and is meant to be a bit funny. But of course most RMwebbers have had a complete humourectomy so should have realised.

Why can one not delete ones own profile.

Yes, picture 4 is upside down by design.

The theme for this one was reflection, but by turning it 180 degrees it plays tricks with the eye.

Oddly enough, though, it appears 'the right way up' on the front page. All the others appear the same way in both forms.

CWG, although I see your point, these internet 'popularity contests' (I refrain from the word 'competition') are always open to influencing. What Dave is asking is probably no different to what half the other entrants are probably doing. If not this week, then next week.

Archived