Loksound 3.5 & 4 pause changing direction

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know about the cvs controlling Loksound 3.5 & 4 pause changing direction?

On the v4 programmer there is a box to tick to remove this pause but unlike the 3.5 software it doesn't say which cv and I can't find it in the list.

On a 3.5 equipped loco I have a long pause when sound is on and I'm wondering if I can shorten it or switch it off but there's no tick box apparent.

Anyone know which cv it is or is it locked into the sound file?

• RMweb Premium

By "delay" do you mean in the lights reversing?

I've had this with a Loksound 3.5 where the lights gradually dimmed and then reversed. Although it was awhile ago and I can't remember how I fixed it. A quick look at the manual and it may be CV113/114. The default is 15 for full brightness, switching with direction.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Paul,

I must admit this isn't a feature I've made use of but I'll have a look and see if I can shed any light. Where is the check box you are referring to in the v4 software?

Bif

Right down the bottom of either motor or sound panes, I'll have to get the laptop out again to find it exactly.

• RMweb Gold

By "delay" do you mean in the lights reversing?

I've had this with a Loksound 3.5 where the lights gradually dimmed and then reversed. Although it was awhile ago and I can't remember how I fixed it. A quick look at the manual and it may be CV113/114. The default is 15 for full brightness, switching with direction.

Mick, no when you change direction it waits for the sound file to do its stuff and I thought I'd read before it could be switched off.

Thanks to both of you, I'd packed it away again as it'll be in the box for the weekend.

In the v4 software at the bottom of the Driving Characteristics page there is a check box labelled 'Delay starting if drive sound is enabled'. Is that the box you mean? It controls CV124 bit 2 (if you go to Tools > Program Settings > General Settings there is a useful checkbox 'Show CV numbers' which does what what it says on the tin throughout the software). I suspect it will also be CV124 in the v3.5 but I haven't got that far yet and it's time for bed!

Archived