Network Rail Engines

nhdesigns

This is something I think may be in the wrong forum but either way I have a Bachmann class 37 in the limited edition Network Rail livery in full detail. The only type of wagons I have related to the NR livery is two breakdown cranes in the early and late BR double arrow liveries. Does anybody have suggestions as to what can run with this locomotive on its own? I'm looking into getting the Hornby NMT and the coaches to go with it later on. But in the mean time that's all I have.

• RMweb Premium

The Network Rail 37's, or 97/3's to be more correct, are regularly used on Network Rail test trains. They are also seeing use on trains that require ERTMS to be fitted - such as the lines to the central Wales coast and used on RHTT, engineering and railtour duties over those lines.

The easiest resource to search is www.flickr.com and enter 97301, 97302, 97303 or 97304 in the search box.

For example.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=97301

HTH,

Mick

My four Bachmann class 97s,pull Dapol (Network rail) MRA wagons,Bachmann auto ballasters,my Rhtt wagon sets.

And my mixture of yellow test coaches

Hey that's a great looking set of rolling stock you got there. I'm looking at getting some MRA wagons. I've seen a special offer on the auto ballasters at hattons which I may look into. They include a rake of four auto ballasters for under a £100 as well as the generator vehicles under £30.

Hey that's a great looking set of rolling stock you got there. I'm looking at getting some MRA wagons. I've seen a special offer on the auto ballasters at hattons which I may look into. They include a rake of four auto ballasters for under a £100 as well as the generator vehicles under £30.

Yer thats were i bought my Bachmann auto ballasters from!! bulk buy :declare:

Just one more thing. I'm thinking of getting the Dapol MRA side tipping wagon set in network rail livery but I'm unsure about the length of the whole rake and whether it will fit onto my layout storage sidings that are just a little bit over 7ft long as well as the scenic section that's over 8ft long. Does anybody know the length?

• 3 weeks later...

Just one more thing. I'm thinking of getting the Dapol MRA side tipping wagon set in network rail livery but I'm unsure about the length of the whole rake and whether it will fit onto my layout storage sidings that are just a little bit over 7ft long as well as the scenic section that's over 8ft long. Does anybody know the length?

I shouldn't think each wagon would be longer than 1 foot, so 5 wagons + 1 loco should be fine. I'm not 100% sure, however, so you'll need confirmation from someone who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived