Canterbury, January 2014

Jack

Its coming around the that time of year for the Canterbury show.  Hopefully this year we won't get quite so much snow!

A current list of layouts and traders can be found here : http://www.ccmrs.ic24.net/Page_4x.html

Right, some more details!

Saturday the 18th & Sunday the 19th January

Open 10am - 5pm on Saturday & 10am - 4.30pm on Sunday

Adults £4, Senior £3, Child (under 16) £2.50, Family (2 adult, 2 child) £11.

Free parking on site, Dover Road Park and Ride next door. Stagecoach buses 15/16/17/89 pass the school or nearby.

Hot and cold food available, disabled access to both halls.

14 layouts of various scales and subjects. Full trade support. Modelling demonstrations.

Ride-on trains from Canterbury and District Model Engineering Society (weather pernitting).

Its coming around the that time of year for the Canterbury show.  Hopefully this year we won't get quite so much snow!

A list of layouts and traders can be found here : http://www.ccmrs.ic24.net/Page_4x.html

More details to follow ...

It's always an enjoyable show, but I thought this year (2013) the CCMRS deserved extra praise for managing to fill the gaps on the Saturday at short notice. It was a great shame about the Sunday. Much as I LOVE snow, I sincerely hope it stays away until after the show in 2014!

I think those who organise the shows we all attend often don't get the credit they deserve for all the effort. Therefore I'd just like to say to everyone who put on a model railway exhibition in 2013, thank you.

I  would agree with that sentiment, I hate the stuff. It should be kept on Christmas cards!

Bah Humbug! :triniti:

By the way, Meopham East Junction will be venturing down to Kent! :superman:

Always a lovely show to start off the year - sad to have missed out this year but digging out of a drift to come and see was a step too far :(

Really looking forward to 2014 and the Disco now has a full set of snow tyres just in case :D

• RMweb Gold

I  would agree with that sentiment, I hate the stuff. It should be kept on Christmas cards!

Bah Humbug! :triniti:

By the way, Meopham East Junction will be venturing down to Kent! :superman:

Hey, second time to see Meopham East.....maybe should bring my Cl.395 with me this time...... :imsohappy:

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Menasha gearing up for the 500 mile round for its most southerly exhibition and also hoping there will be not as much snow as am back at work on thebMonday

According to the AA, @ 480+ miles, Meopham East Junction not be far behind you. Work, what is this Work? Also hoping for no snow.  :fan:

John, how can you be harrassed. all your trainset does is go round and round........and round and round and round and round and round and round :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

Which  members of your hand-picked team of skilled operators will be accompanying you?

Disgustin' of Market Harborough

Well done Dave, it's only taken two years to teach you that. Does your layout still work after I looked it over?

When I saw your name on this posting, I thought you were going to be at Canterbury, are you?  :scared: 

P.S. Chris and Steve have asked me not to reveal their names! :nono: 

When I saw your name on this posting, I thought you were going to be at Canterbury, are you?

Sadly Dave won't be there - unless there's something he's not telling us.......!

I'm there keeping the tone suitably low enthusiastically b*gg*ring up expensive models so do drop by.

Snow shoes put away but got me water wings out. Hopefully won't be needed.

Stu

Sadly Dave won't be there - unless there's something he's not telling us.......!

I'm there keeping the tone suitably low enthusiastically b*gg*ring up expensive models so do drop by.

Snow shoes put away but got me water wings out. Hopefully won't be needed.

Stu

I'm heartbroken at the first part of your posting, happy for you and suitably warned at the second part and I refer you back to my earlier comments on snow with regards to Christmas cards for the third part!

Archived