NGS present day commissions

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

OK, I think we need to be careful when comparing projects:

- different projects have different total runs and even different runs per livery (some may have as few as 250 produced others much more)

- the price varies between projects and that will inevitably affect sales eg Stove R/Snow ploughs were £16-17 and Inspection Saloons £27 (at full cost, not discounted pre-orders)

- some projects have not had a livery which easily maps to a particular era eg Stove Rs didn't feature in sectorisation, even inspection saloons and snow ploughs (apart from the RfD oddities) the normal livery for sectorisation is the same as for other eras so do you attribute sales to BR blue era or sectorisation?  The reality is you can't tell.

- I only have the figures to Aug 2013 (and I have no intention of handing out potentially commercially "interesting" data) but I can say: Stove R - unsurprisingly sales favoured transition era and LMS; Snowploughs - best seller Network Rail followed by "plain" liveries; Queen Mary - best sellers the early liveries (which surprised me a bit given their longevity and wide-spread use later in life); Inspection Saloons - not much between transition era liveries and blue/grey (followed by EWS).

From the data I'm really not sure that some of the comments on here about particular periods are that supportable.

Hopefully I've been vague enough to not give away anything confidential, but have given enough to be useful/interesting.

Cheers, Mike

(Mike Hale, NGS Product Development Officer)

• RMweb Gold

Funny, I mailed then a day or so back and got no reply.

Paul

Hello Paul,

As the NGS is staffed by volunteers it may be worth waiting a little longer. However if you've not heard anything in a week please PM Me and I'll investigate.

Cheers

Ben A.

(NGS VP - apologies for not making this clear before)

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

For anyone who may be interested (and to shamelessly encourage some votes) here are a couple of shots of Carillion autoballasters mixed in with ex-Railtrack ones at Hinksey Yard in July 2010

Two odd ones:

post-203-0-28710800-1390382325_thumb.jpg

Three together (the furthest 5 are yellow HQAs):

post-203-0-90261000-1390382333_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Dave

That was my reasoning for going for the Carillion autoballaster (and might have a few of them if its successful). Will look good heavily weathered and will add variety to the Ex Railtrack and NGS kit network rail ones.

Quite happy to have any of the other choices on the list that might get selected.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Further to comments here and elsewhere, there is now a page on the NGS website with pictures and a link to the shop email address to make registering interest in any of these models straightforward.  It's here:

http://www.ngaugesociety.com/index.php?page=modern-image-com

And to recap, we are not looking for any deposit at this stage and you can vote for any that you would want, and numbers.  If one gets to a threshold of 350 then it will be produced, but at the moment that is looking fairly unlikely!  The closing date is the end of February, not January.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello folks

Just a quick update following Sunday's NGS Committee discussions.  We have decided the following:

- the initial period of expressing an interest in any of the 4 models will be extended to 31 March 2014.
- after 31 March the two least popular choices will be discarded and NGS members can continue to express interest in the two most popular models until the NGS AGM (7 June). Please remember you can express interest in more than one choice and also more than one model per choice.

After that provided the minimum number of 350 has been reached for one of the models then the NGS will place the order.

We hope that the extra time and slightly amended decision process will help to encourage members to support the project!

If you are interested in any of the models please get in touch with the NGS shop as soon as possible - full details here: http://www.ngaugesociety.com/index.php?page=modern-image-com

Cheers, Mike

(NGS Product Development Officer)

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Phase 1 of the voting has now closed and we have narrowed the choice down to the 2 most popular choices (to date) - please only let the shop know of any interest in these two choices:

2) JJA Autoballaster GERS12904 in Carillion maroon/cream. This livery is often seen mixed with standard Farish or NGS autoballasters.

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=8849;

(Photo courtesy Robert Stevens)

3) Mk2a BSO 977337 in Network Rail yellow.  This vehicle is used by Network Rail as a staff coach and has been operating as part of one of the Ultrasonic test trains - UTU4 - with 999606 and 72630.

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=8851;

(Photo courtesy Andy Jupe)

We are still a long way short of making any of these models a reality so we really do need NGS members to express interest to the NGS Shop if they are interested in any of these options.

The final deadline for interest is the NGS AGM on 7 June 2014.

Full details here (including how to express your interest to the NGS Shop): http://www.ngaugesociety.com/index.php?page=modern-image-com

Cheers, Mike

(NGS Product Development Officer)

Archived