HSB in the Süd Harz HOm

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

I can get up the three scenic boards and a fiddleyard. If I made a temporary board up to do a minimum radius 135° turn back I could get this and part 2, Brunnenbachs, up together at home or I can get the whole lot up at a friends place.

It's my intention to have an operating session in a couple of weeks to train up the crew for Sparsholt and check the control panel diagram routes work ok.

• Like 1

I can get up the three scenic boards and a fiddleyard. If I made a temporary board up to do a minimum radius 135° turn back I could get this and part 2, Brunnenbachs, up together at home or I can get the whole lot up at a friends place.

It's my intention to have an operating session in a couple of weeks to train up the crew for Sparsholt and check the control panel diagram routes work ok.

Thanks Paul, would be interesting in hearing how operating session goes.

Hi Paul,

This is looking great, obviously I know nothing about the subject matter but it looks fun to operate and this is just one part of the layout. I'm happy to learn the art of international operating, lets face it, it can't be any harder than last week at a certain NSE layout!

• RMweb Gold

We have signals. I can't see me having these working for Sparsholt but at least they will be ready to wire in. I'm wondering if there's a decoder that works like the Heathcote units where I can clear it and then it revert to danger after a set time?

post-6968-0-10973100-1457621527_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Yes I've done that on Lulworth but the others still forget and with multiple routes here I have to be careful which others trigger it back 'on', as the clever crossing barrier decoder does it I wondered if the same thing was possible ;)

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Just polyfila mixed with pva and black paint. The pva makes it tougher to withstand moving to shows and also slows setting to give more working time. I roughly shape it with credit card sized bits of card then use a wet one inch brush to dab it which softens all the scrape marks and makes it look more like earthy surfaces. The water stops the brush 'pulling' the plaster and I just keep wetting it in a jam jar as I go, takes about 12-24hrs to fully dry depending on how sloppy the mix and how wet you get it with the brush ;)

Edited by PaulRhB

Indeed!

That's most interesting, thanks Paul.

I save the fake credit cards that some companies send out to 'tempt' you to get yourself in dept, Capital one keep sending them but the Vanquis bank one is really firm, just like a real card but neither have the raised numbers of a real card.

They'd make decent (windscreen) ice scrapers too (if we had any ice!).

Cheers,

John.

• RMweb Gold

Got the BR199 fitted with a decoder purchased at the Basingstoke show, this link below was the key to discovering where the socket was as Brawa didn't put it in the instructions!

My install only differed in I used the sound chamber and modified it to fit between the frames.

http://www.kais-garage.de/index.php?page=216769950&f=1&i=216769950&s=258809941&ss=216769950

I'm also building the container crane based on an Auhagen kit but it will be modified with a heavier frame and lifting rig.

post-6968-0-20752200-1457838897_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Sven over on NGRM here's the latest on the 2-10-2's

https://m.facebook.com/tilligbahn/posts/1693192154290177

I've fitted sound to my BR199 and uploaded a slightly different sound file as the real one was irritating me, I was tempted to get a 37 file but that would have been a bit too much of a diversion ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello Paul,

very impressive piece of modelling !!!

Do you know that the Braunlage station still exists !!

2ebu83pwvsl5.jpg

img_1350j7sif.jpg

Kind regards

Soeren

Not any more it doesn't, they knocked it down in 2014 which is why I can get away with a 'new build' :(

http://www.xn--sdharz-eisenbahn-jzb.de/abriss_bhf_braunlage.html

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Plus building it would have slowed pace a bit :)

shhhh! ;)

I considered bashing one of the other kits into a near representation but it is so big it would have been a massive view block so a smaller building worked better for the model too. Convenient for my story but unfortunate to lose the real one.

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Brawa plastic doesn't like things stuck to it, superglue and epoxy seem to be holding so far!

post-6968-0-82328900-1458252460_thumb.jpg

The Snowplough getting the details painted.

post-6968-0-77550500-1458252511_thumb.jpg

And a bit of faffing around plus I got the backscene wood cut up :)

post-6968-0-09687000-1458252533_thumb.jpg

• Like 8