HSB in the Süd Harz HOm

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

While mulling over the scenery for the middle section I added a schematic so I can work out whether I need a fiddleyard when running Braunlage and Brunnenbachs together to represent part 3. I think it may be more interesting to try it without initially and see how it fares. I can easily add one on quickly if it turns into gridlock at Brunnenbachs during testing.

The red circles represent 'token' sections, and a siding 'locked in' section too, to prevent head on meets and will be placed on a board that allows the operator to claim the section with their token, I deemed this safer than them picking up a token and wandering off with it!

post-6968-0-97234300-1472491544_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Yes but this layout won't have a Signalman to control all the trains so I need something simple without loads of block detection cost and reliability issues. It won't operate to a strict sequence so this is a little more flexible and faster to pick up for operators. It's a compromise I'm happy with to keep it entertaining to watch and run hopefully ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Having experienced a layout run by 'puter I just find it a bit too much like work ;) Just a bit more relaxed yet capable of intense operation too works with this system as we've tried it on a garden line and people can claim the next slot by lining up their token next to the circle so it works as amiably as putting 20p on the pool table at the pub :)

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Full size plans now printed to check how the look and see that everything fits before I start sawing up wood. You can see paper patches where I've already extended the loops to increase the possible train length to 8 coaches plus a loco. I only plan on 6 coach trains but it gives a better impression of space in line with photos of Wernigerode and Nordhausen on the HSB.

Brunnenbachs

post-6968-0-00724500-1472977447_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-85369200-1472977445_thumb.jpg

& Walkenried

post-6968-0-69402700-1472977444_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-57998300-1472977443_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Winter scene??

taken xmas 1992.

Yes ;) now if I model Wurmberg I could actually have snow on the top while greenery on the rest ;)

Oh dear he's given me another idea!!!

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well as its module-ish nothing stopping you from doing it. :)

Oi! It's supposed to be me corrupting you lot with ideas not vice versa ;)

Well if you insist . . .

I could do a snowy backscene for the flat Wurmberg on the back and a couple of drop on buildings and have a small snowy scene . . .

post-6968-0-02643800-1473258095_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Having watched a fair number of FREMO videos on YouTube, the idea of it certainly appeals in that models actually appear to be going places instead of just end-to-end or round and round.

Are there similar FREMO meetings/shows in Britain, as I can't remember ever seeing one advertised.

• RMweb Gold

Having watched a fair number of FREMO videos on YouTube, the idea of it certainly appeals in that models actually appear to be going places instead of just end-to-end or round and round.

Are there similar FREMO meetings/shows in Britain, as I can't remember ever seeing one advertised.

There have been and I think Julia posted a few times on it but I haven't seen much at all, mostly they seem to go to the European meets. Mine isn't truly modular in that sense as it's really three layouts that can be joined up ;)

• RMweb Gold

Interesting 99-222 has slipped onto the Tillig website with no fuss.

Now it is in the original condition plus it has significant differences in the tanks detail and is about three feet shorter than the later production series. Nice to see :)

https://www.tillig.com/Produkte/produktinfo-02927.html

post-6968-0-21674600-1473719425_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Another idea I've been playing with for a while are some random action cards.

I've made them station specific and there will be about 6-8 cards for each station with minor or major actions to do. I've also added a special party coach card that will travel with the coach to one end or the other and then be picked up again later by being inserted into the pack. There will be dice to roll and you only pick a card if you get a 6.

post-6968-0-98838000-1474216249.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5