HSB in the Süd Harz HOm

PaulRhB

• RMweb Premium

You might even exploit a peculiarity of the Combino Duo and come up with an arrangement where the motor would be hidden where the diesel engine is on the real thing! Though designing a driveshaft assembly to one of the bogies (fixed independent wheel running gears on the real thing, actually) might be a challenge...

See this file for a description: http://www.trampicturebook.de/tram/download/siemens/combino_nordhausen_a19100v700b852_d.pdf

• RMweb Premium

I was examining the Halling BVG F6Z Flexity model I have, which is unpowered but probably very similar in concept and design to the Combino model. As most of it is indeed plastic (except for the wheelsets and pan), it’s very lightweight and rolls correspondingly easily. Given that the Combino Duo model is even shorter and will thus be lighter to match, I would assume that no very highly powered motor would be needed for propelling only its own weight. This, I believe, will alleviate the issue of motor heat a lot.

Furthermore, the Combino Duo, while technically suitable for 70 kph, is restricted to the common HSB speed limit of 50 kph, so representing this at scale speed should also make coming up with a suitable mechanism easier. That is, with a view to motor power and torque, as smooth acceleration and running would be a criterion as well.

• RMweb Gold

The Combino arrived and spare Bemo axles just clipped in although they slide sideways ;)

Now having a look for the 90511 mechs as not much time to build one before NGSouth.

post-6968-0-32974500-1519499545_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

The Combino arrived and spare Bemo axles just clipped in although they slide sideways ;)

Now having a look for the 90511 mechs as not much time to build one before NGSouth.

attachicon.gifIMG_3022.JPG

I suppose sliding axles could indeed come to mind while aboard an original Combino as the fixed running gears can yield, shall we say, interesting running properties! :jester: This is why no Combinos were procured for Leipzig following a practical evaluation of a regauged Erfurt Combino.

Having said this, and while I certainly don’t want to spoil the fun, the model doesn’t represent a Combino Duo, technically. 101 is one of the six single cab units, while 105 to 107 as well as the three Duo units 201 to 203 are double-ended.

Also note the front end design was changed on the Combino family during production, this photo allowing direct comparison by way of two Nordhausen Combinos built before and after this design mod: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Combino_trams_in_Nordhausen_-_2015.JPG

Edited by NGT6 1315

• RMweb Gold

I've now done some cards for the operators diagrams. They are just a basic guide to what their trains are for the operating period so the locos follow a basic diagram. The idea is they will swap to another diagram for their next spell. They fold over so the rear has the route their train takes on it.

post-6968-0-72977400-1519563399_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Modelbahnlippe are quite good especially if you fancy the DR livery modern coaches down the bottom as they are nearly €10 cheaper each. This page has the twin sets and single coaches.

https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/gattungliste/Passenger+Cars/4-11-001-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-gatt-gb-p-0/gattungliste.html

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

The first section of the double sided backscene.

post-6968-0-68083600-1520105716_thumb.jpg

And 'the crew' side ;)

post-6968-0-73720100-1520105892_thumb.png

This was the consolation for being stuck by snow and missing the Freemo meet.

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Well I hope someone got some pics, I haven't unloaded the car yet as I thought if it thawed? Ah well at least I've got a weekend of railway build time.

You could turn up tomorrow as there is space for modules. Running till 3 pm tomorrow.

I have photos uploaded to FB but need a thread on here to post them on.

• RMweb Gold

Walkenried's backscenes are in and I've started to add the polystyrene landforms.

post-6968-0-97950400-1520364562_thumb.jpg

A view back towards Zorge to show how the stepped backscene will conceal the hidden station. There will be trees to soften the transition and hide it more.

post-6968-0-58137500-1520364584_thumb.jpg

• Like 6