After Reely Grate comes Primrose Hill

Mike

Guest Jim Read

Hello Mike,

I'm reminded of Level Street in Brierley hill (it was anything but level and in fact is quite steep) two level crossings for Round Oak and a bridge across a canal (long since gone it went on through the Wallows, now an Ind Est)

Either would be good and only half a Gnats knacker away from Primrose Hill.

Cheers - Jim

Hi Jim, you're absolutely right it's the old Pensnet Railway Saltwells Branch on to Primrose Basin,  Perhaps I can use selective compression with the canal and Saltwells tavern, you can't have too many pubs.;)

Guest Jim Read

Hello Mike,

I would often park up for my lunch at the Saltwells pub, the locals called the area Cradley Spa, by the look of the river at that time it would be dive in and die :-)

Cheers - Jim

Hi Jim ,I've decided -no pub. The actual line of the Saltwells Branch passed near to the confluence of the Tipsyford Brook and the Black Brook - the Saltwells Spa although by the 1930's the bath had been swept away by Severn Trent to make way for the Earls Muck Works used for processing slag.So my aim is to recreate the meeting of the two brooks and the Muck Works to bridge between the two layouts. Why no canal because it wasn't there. I've bent, massaged and altered so much of the local history and places that I ought to try and get something almost right,anyway I get to add another point, Wow! I hear you say, that will make three, almost unheard of on any of my layouts.wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did say that I'd pop a photo or two showing the layouts end to end. So here you are, the new scenic board when built will fit between the two head shunts. ;) sorry for the gloomy setting but the overhead light had gone in the garage.icon_redface.gif

post-185-0-78902800-1404573646_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-87177000-1404573751_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well I did say that I'd pop a photo or two showing the layouts end to end. So here you are, the new scenic board when built will fit between the two head shunts. ;) sorry for the gloomy setting but the overhead light had gone in the garage.icon_redface.gif

attachicon.gifgarage4jpg.jpg

attachicon.gifgarage3.jpg

I wish my garage was that empty, you'll be saying you keep the car in it next....

Andy

Car in the garage, never. Today has been spent painting figures and arranging scenes, I'll post a few snaps by the weekend. ;)

Garages are very bad for cars and I've yet to own a car that was designed to be indoors.

First photo rushes of work on the canal, oil slick and discharge from the outfall pipe, only one coat of old formula Klear on so far, needs more. Sorry for the poor quality of the snap, will post better ones once canal basin is finished. ;)

post-185-0-94647000-1406716064_thumb.jpg

Today was all about  making a video, however, I find I can't operate from the back and film from the front all at the same time.icon_redface.gif So the plan is that when my long suffering show helper gets back from holiday in 2 weeks time I'll get to grips with a video.wink.gif

• 1 month later...

Gosh. is it that long ago I posted (over a month). Well as you know I have been a little busy with Reely Grate and continue to be so, but I have just started a tidy up and titivation of Primrose Hill. You know the sort of thing," you buy one you get one free. I say you buy one you get one free" oops! I should have said I'm getting it ready for a photo shoot along with Reely and of course it has to be ready for Warley. I'll click the Box Brownie or dust off a couple of glass plates and take a couple of photos asap.;)

Today the 2mm Lite-ply has been ordered for the Earls Muck works building and a couple of bronze anchors for N.Hingley & Sons. Just need to get this weekends show at Lichfield with Reely Grate over, then all systems go. I hope to post photos of the progress on a new thread; The Missing Link just Mucking about. ;)

I look forward to your building build Mike.   I will be observing closely as I need some back scene structures so the odd shot of the support internals would be good too.

I am very interested in you 2mm Lite-ply which you were saying wasn't actually ply and you say it is very easy to cut and work with.

I'm off to trawl your posts to see what I can gleam now of your building methods which are stunning yet charming. 

Best regards

Archived