44767 (and other locos) motion

That is really good I have always liked this loco I saw it at elr triple heading with another two I saw it and I wanted a model of it but with no avail

So now after about ten years I am going to make one.

I did think of building a kit from the old Alan Gibbson kit but thought that the Hornby one would be ok for this and also a bit easy like horsetan says less rods and setting the loco up

Here is another pic of the unfinished side still need to put the bracket on and tidy up bits

post-12366-0-02210300-1389878570_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It's the the motion screw with a brass plate formed to hold the tube what is soldered to the reverser lever so if I ever need to take it off I can it's a good but of kit when the wheels move and the motion moves aswell I have cleaned it up abit from the pic when I have put the rocker bracket on then I will take some more

I have moved the return crank so it's forward now it looks better now a lot better

...I think the outer rod pivot on the crank not the inner, should line up with the centre of the driving wheel?

Not according to my photos of the real thing it doesn't!

The inner crank slants forward, whilst the outer crank slants toward the back. Neither lines up with the axle centre. This goes for inside Stephenson's as well.

I see you've kept to the period where 44767 did not carry electric lighting.....or will you be adding that later?

I particularly like the degree of colour separation between smokebox and boiler, although I had thought the colour / sheen of the smokebox should be more that of the boiler, and the boiler colour should be used on the smokebox....... It does work quite well as it is.

Edited by Horsetan