Final change of Price of MTC Brass QJ is ?950. This won't be avaliable by June. Chinese New Brass Locomotive----QJ---Manufactured By MTC.

Chinese New Brass model-----QJ Steam Locomotive-------Manufactured By MTC.

Manager has sent me the Finished and colored model of QJ.
Some detail on the model locomotive has been done.

Two numbers of QJ has been sold out completely, others have no more than 8 to 10 in stock. ( Please send me email if you are interested.)

75da8e09gw1ecj501etsyj20k00bu0wo.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecj5cxd29hj20k00bun0x.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecj503v7ufj20k00hs0wf.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecj506bphxj20k00abju8.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecj506bphxj20k00abju8.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecj50kj5hfj20k00e6n1o.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecj50nbytlj20k00e6td6.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecj50pi4ogj20k0063jtg.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecj50sfn7hj20k00e643z.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecj50uz9qyj20k00h0dk5.jpg

This is the finished and colored model of QJ brass steam locomotive made by MTC.
If you want to book one. please contact the manager's email at below.
I will post a link of youtube of the runing states of this QJ brass locomotive.

Price: £950  (Including oversea postage.) 

EMS will be used for posting, and post will be tracked after sent off. The locomotive will be well packed and send to location which are provided by the foreign buyer.

Test run of the New Brass model Steam Locomotive----QJ.

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_LALWWzCI

(Using 720P would be better!!)

Using Fleischmann R547 track.

Frist running voltage: 2.5V

Second running voltage: 3V

Third running voltage: 12V

Forth running voltage: 20V

When you are sending email to the manager of MTC, PLEASE type in the following information: It is introduced by Yukun Zhang's post about MTC Brass QJ Locomotive in Forum. Or having seen the post which have been posted by Yukun Zhang.
The reason of typing these information in email I have explained below in purple color. please read it. Thank you.

75da8e09gw1ecdiagu8bxj20j60r4n36.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecdiaxlw7ej20j60r444j.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecdiboucsoj20j60r4dlr.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecdibx7md8j20j60r4ahn.jpg

75da8e09gw1ecdib85ppej20j60r4grt.jpg

We welcome everyone to book or purchase for this QJ steam locomotive.
Please note that, this post is only used for introducing new product of MTC.
If you want to buy any numbers of locomotive, please send a message through forum or send a email to MTC manager for more information and further purchase of locomotive.

The model locomotive on the picture is the QJ locomotive with color.

MTC model is a model brand registered in 2012 by Beijing Capital Railway Properties Ltd. It is under the direct administration of Beijing Railway Bureau. It is the only one top quality model brand produced by Chinese Railway Administration.

You can send me a message through email. We can deal with your request.
I'm Yukun Zhang, the usage of this poster is not only introducing this new product and further more information about this product, but also for booking as well. Because so far, the booking progress is on in China, and from what I get from the manager is that some numbers of models are nearly fully booked.

When you are sending email to the manager of MTC, PLEASE type in the following information: It is introduced by Yukun Zhang's post about MTC Brass QJ Locomotive in Forum. Or having seen the post which have been posted by Yukun Zhang.
The reason of typing in this sentence not only for booking the locomotive, but also is a symbol for the manager to recognise who has booked the product and who hasn't (for international buyer). So that they will give a price to the people who booked them. This is an action for those railway fans for supporting the new product of MTC. The booking progress is still continue in China. Because some numbers will be fully booked in China very soon. So If you want to book a specific number of QJ brass locomotive. Please contact the manager of MTC for more information of the numbers that are avaliable.

Supplier: At the moment is MTC it self as a dealer. MTC will give you tracking detail of your product, and in the forum.

I'm Yukun Zhang, I am a fan of chinese railway model, I am allowed to post this poster by the manager of MTC to post this poster, and the usage of this poster is to introduce this brand new product and showing further more information about this product. Thank you.

Contact email address: 1020273444archer@sina.com

Contact person: Yukun Zhang

Thank you for your great support.

• RMweb Gold

Very nice but even with the Bachmann QJ models hitting over £200 I think the demands going to be small here. The main issue is getting hold of stock to run with them, especially freight stuff over here.

Need a few more details as the manufacturer is unknown.

Need a few more details as the manufacturer is unknown.

The manufacturer may be unknown but the brand and sponsor is given on the second page of that leaflet, sponsorship by "China's Railway Administration" suggests something of a vanity project on their part and I would expect a price to match.

Keith

Hopefully the OP will return to advise on prices and availability.

The price will be shown very soon. And the picture of the finished model will come out in a few days. The price of MTC brass QJ locomotive(including oversea postage) will be lower than the brass QJ locomotive made by IMON. At the moment you can send email to the manager of MTC or sending message through forum to me, But please type in the following message when you are sending the email to me or the manager of MTC:

It is introduced by Yukun Zhang's post about MTC Brass QJ Locomotive in Forum. Or having seen the post which have been posted by Yukun Zhang.

. I will transfer your request to the manager of MTC.

Imon a Japanese manufacturer of Ho QJ 2-10-2's make superb Brass models, there are VERY expensive,i have 9 Bachmann QJ's and i'm more than happy with them. I just can't justify paying a huge amount of money for these MTC models.

http://www.imon.co.jp/MODELS/GOODS004E.MBR/QJ

The overall price of MTC's brass QJ locomotive(including oversea postage) will be lower than the brass QJ locomotive made by IMON.

I see what you mean by very expensive, £1200 is a lot for an HO scale model and that's the cheapest one!

The overall price of MTC's brass QJ locomotive(including oversea postage) will be lower than the brass QJ locomotive made by IMON.

And price will come out very soon.

There is a whole market for models like this that has nothing to do with railway modellers .They collect brass locos ,pay an absolute fortune for them  ,and often never get them out of the box .Maybe one  or two lurks on here ,probably enough to be worth a mention and some free advertising .Most brass sells out before its even produced and always has since the 50's .

There is a whole market for models like this that has nothing to do with railway modellers .They collect brass locos ,pay an absolute fortune for them  ,and often never get them out of the box .Maybe one  or two lurks on here ,probably enough to be worth a mention and some free advertising .Most brass sells out before its even produced and always has since the 50's .

The booking for this brass locomotive is for the benefit of some true railway fans. Is for them to get a lower price rather than letting them to buy the QJ which will be start selling by the dealers. This is one of the reason the manager of MTC told me to post them in UK and Euro forum.Some people buy them and keep them for a while and wait to speculate them after a while. There are some dealers doing this kind of speculation. So, the manager of MTC decided to have this booking displayed.

• 4 weeks later...

I see what you mean by very expensive, £1200 is a lot for an HO scale model and that's the cheapest one!

That sort of price is not that far above mainland European HO brass / small batch kits from the likes of Weinert, Modellbahnmanufaktur Crottendorf, Lemaco, etc.

Even though I'm not a modeller of the Chinese mainland scene, the "Qian Jin/March Forward" 2-10-2s are still highly impressive to look at, and I remember reading about them in the mid-1980s when they were still (!) being built at Datong Locomotive Works. I think one of them is preserved in the Swiss Transport Museum at Luzern. Due to its length, they've put it outside.....

This is the first time I heard that QJ is displayed in Swiss museum. Thank you for your information. I probably will go to Swiss and have a look at it! Thank you !!

That sort of price is not that far above mainland European HO brass / small batch kits from the likes of Weinert, Modellbahnmanufaktur Crottendorf, Lemaco, etc.

Even though I'm not a modeller of the Chinese mainland scene, the "Qian Jin/March Forward" 2-10-2s are still highly impressive to look at, and I remember reading about them in the mid-1980s when they were still (!) being built at Datong Locomotive Works. I think one of them is preserved in the Swiss Transport Museum at Luzern. Due to its length, they've put it outside.....

Archived