Weston-super-Mare show -12 Jan 2014

ullypug

• RMweb Premium

The Campus, Highlands Lane, Locking Castle, Weston Super Mare, Somerset BS24 7DX 
OPENING TIMES:  SUN 10am-5pm
ADMISSION:  Adults £5.50  Concessions £5.00  Children £2.00  Family £13.00

Full details on the website 

http://www.westonsupermaretrainshow.com/

layouts

Abbotsford 2mm/n Gauge BR 1960s 
Bishops Bridge N Gauge Nse/SR 1988/92 
Budemoor Juntion OO Gauge Southern Pre.Nationalis 
Burnham-on-sea 2mm 9.42gauge S&D 1920/30s 
Buttermere Mining 09 7mm/ft Mining Co. 1960/70 
Catsbrook 4mm Freelance 1950/60s 
Chipped Lane 0 Gauge L M S 1923/1930 
Clevedon WC & PR Em Gauge Clevedon 
Entwhistle Green G Gauge 
Game Carlsburg 7mm Narrow Gauge Carlsburg Brewery 1934 
Hollow Fosse 3mm GWR/Southern/LMS 1950/60s 
Llanthony Road 00 Gauge Western/midland 1950/60s 
Marsh Chipping N Gauge BR Early 1960s 
Midwest Grain HO Gauge USA 1967/1977 
Milehouse Tramway Present Day 
Neptune Road 00 Gauge BR 1960s 
Numchen N Gauge German Modern Image 
Old Time Brickworks 009 Brickworks 1970/80 
Paterdale Park G Gauge 
Rheintal N Gauge German Present Day 
Scharpes Park 00 Gauge Southern Electric Preserved 
Tennesse Ext On30 American Narrow Gauge 1940/50s 
Tormouth Quay 00 Gauge BR 1950/60s 
Tri-ang TT 3mm Heritage Loosely 
Woebury Marsh 00 Gauge Western/Midland 1950/60s 
Worriff N Gauge BR Early 70s

traders

Alan Ward Collection Artist 
Amberly Services Tools 
Aspire New & Secondhand RTR 
Derby Trees Demonstrations & Sales 
Keith’s Bits & Pieces Bits & Bobs 
John Langley Limited Edition Wagons 
Railroom Electronics Everything Electrical 
Ray Heard (Sponsor) Kit Built Locs & RTR 
Richard Railways New Ready to Run 
Team Track Trading American & Continental 
Tracts & Water Plastic Mouldings 

Still to be Confirmed. 
Cooper Craft Kits 
Railwayana the Real Items! Lamps/nameplates

• 2 weeks later...

Hope to attend tomorrow - looking forward in particular to the demo of "EM gauge buildings"......

Does anyone know if refreshments are available on site please?

Best wishes

Eric

The Hornby Magazine Website show guide section shows 'light refreshments'.

It is in the same location as previous years and refreshments have always been provided in the corner of the hall,

cheers

• RMweb Premium

All set up and as ready as I'll ever be. A couple of last minute adjustments will be required tomorrow. Just need a drill, several G clamps and some glue.

Looking forward to the show. Come and say hello if you're passing.

All set up and as ready as I'll ever be. Just need a drill, several G clamps and some glue.

Looking forward to the show. Come and say hello if you're passing.

Andrew

Sorry to hear that you seem to be coming apart. I hope that you are reassembled in time.

Best wishes

Eric   

• RMweb Premium

Andrew

Sorry to hear that you seem to be coming apart. I hope that you are reassembled in time.

Best wishes

Eric

It's fine. Just the perils of building a layout on a sloping floor then putting it up on a level one!

Tormouth Quay set up & ready to go (as long as I'm awake early enough in the morning to get back up the M5 before opening time - the road over the Blackdowns could be a challenge if the temperature keeps dropping like it was earlier this evening!).

A day's escape from reality, not to mention bacon butties & coffee before we start - what more could you ask on a Sunday morning?

Raffle prizes look tempting, including a brand spanking new DCC Sound Schools donated by Peco.

Come & say hello and don't be frightened to ask if you want to play - we'll be more than happy to have a bit of time off for a look round the other exhibits.

• RMweb Premium

Back from a very enjoyable show. Busy - 1781 tickets sold apparently for a one day show. Hope it raises lots of cash for Hospicecare.

Thanks to all who popped in and said hello. The layout generally behaved itself as did its operators.

Yes, another good show. I particularly enjoyed Clevedon, and Bishops Bridge and my favourite Llanthony Road.

It was nice to have a chat with some of the operators in the afternoon, once the crowd had thinned a little,

thanks 

Unfortunately I missed this show last year but I made it back this year. I too thought there was a good variety of layouts there with a couple I'd seen before elsewhere but a number I'd never seen. I was particularly keen though to see Ullypug's Clevedon WC&P layout on its maiden outing after following progress on here and it didn't dissapoint! Some very impressive modelling both in terms of the stock and the layout itself.

It did seem very busy when I was there lunchtime/early afternoon and I had several attempts to get near some exhibits due to the constant throng of people! I felt a bit sorry for a couple of lads down at the back of the main hall - they had what looked to me like some very good quality modelling on a small shunting layout but it was set on a very low table and sort of tucked out of the way. The lighting in that part of the hall wasn't the best either. I forgot to pick up a programme so I don't know what it was called but I'd like to have a proper look at it again some day, just maybe at eye level!

I felt a bit sorry for a couple of lads down at the back of the main hall - they had what looked to me like some very good quality modelling on a small shunting layout but it was set on a very low table and sort of tucked out of the way. The lighting in that part of the hall wasn't the best either. I forgot to pick up a programme so I don't know what it was called but I'd like to have a proper look at it again some day, just maybe at eye level!

I think that was Neptune Road.  Really nice little layout & a lesson in what can be done in a small space & without spending a lot of money.

I've invited them to Thorncombe (near Chard) on November 8th, so that could be your chance to see it again.  I'll try to make sure it's presented better than it was today - it deserves it!

Had a good day with Tormouth Quay, apart from the un-Godly start from home at stupid o'clock to make sure we had plenty of time for bacon butties before opening time.  Layout behaved itself almost perfectly for once & we had a lot of very nice comments.  Thank you if you were one of the people concerned.

Any errors or problems were completely down to the operators rather than the models - you just can't get the staff these days!

I think that was Neptune Road.  Really nice little layout & a lesson in what can be done in a small space & without spending a lot of money.

I've invited them to Thorncombe (near Chard) on November 8th, so that could be your chance to see it again.  I'll try to make sure it's presented better than it was today - it deserves it!

Had a good day with Tormouth Quay, apart from the un-Godly start from home at stupid o'clock to make sure we had plenty of time for bacon butties before opening time.  Layout behaved itself almost perfectly for once & we had a lot of very nice comments.  Thank you if you were one of the people concerned.

Any errors or problems were completely down to the operators rather than the models - you just can't get the staff these days!

Yes! That was the one, Neptune Road. I can only confirm that having just searched for it on here and lo-and-behold, it is on RMWeb! There are some good photos of it on here in the galleries and like you say it is a very good example of what you can do in a small space - quite inspirational for me in this respect, giving me the motivation to get on and do something, no matter how small!

I did also very much enjoy Tormouth Quay - not picking up a programme meant that I couldn't put a layout to the name but again, a quick search on here for your layout jogged my memory! It seemed to be very well operated to me. In fact I'd say that many of the other operators seemed to have some mishap or other whilst I was watching! I guess that's just par for the course when exhibiting a model railway though!

Archived