Sherlock

Geoffrey

this bbc news item may be of interest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25576814

Thank you, QWILPEN, fascinating.  While I don't do so called "Urban Exploration" myself I find these disused sites sometimes eerie, sometimes sad, but always fascinating.  In a previous life I was an Army Officer & had been in the CCF, so seeing barracks that I remember as active on sites like 28DL UK Urbex can send a chill down the spine as well as bringing back happy memories!

One thing that has interested me particularly from your link is the Ghost Stations Underground Map it links to.  I'm surprised they didn't show Trafalgar Square, or is this because it is still in use as part of CHX?

Anyway, on the continuity front I thought the switch to turn the bomb off was a bit silly.  In my experience they are more likely to have anti-tamper devices & if there is a cut off it would be something that needed Sherlock's powers, not a simple toggle switch on the side!

Anyway, on the continuity front I thought the switch to turn the bomb off was a bit silly.  In my experience they are more likely to have anti-tamper devices & if there is a cut off it would be something that needed Sherlock's powers, not a simple toggle switch on the side!

I noticed that the bomb started the countdown when the carriage lights came on. Simply defuse the bomb by cutting power, traction current, to the carriage.

Just watched The Sign of Three, and though I know Sherlock Holmes is not (and never was in the original stories) omnipotent I'm sure he should have known that the Guardsman was Welsh Guards and NOT a 'Grenadier' and that there is no such body as 'The Household Guard'.  If he didn't then Watson, as supposedly an ex-RAMC Officer, should have!

you don't think she's referring to us do you?

Second item down this page

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/05/housing-benefits-and-private-landlords

Barbara Ellen "Sorry to break it to you, chaps, but Sherlock is fiction"

Oddly - the continuity changes don't bother me I can happily write that down to fiction - the storyline needs to be vaguely possible however, (especially for something like Sherlock)... 

My issues would be...

1. I suspect London would have noticed the interuption to services caused by leaving a tube car sat on a running line for days

2. It did rather beg the question of how somebody could secretly turn a tube car into a giant portable bomb without anyone else noticing, tube trains don't tend to get left unattended for long (and when they do, it's in a relatively secure place) - and you can't exactly knock up a fake tube car in your garage and slip it onto the network...

• RMweb Premium

The original Sherlock Holmes stories were full of continuity errors anyway. One interpretation is that Watson married 3 times and was widowed 3 times over a period of 10-12 years, very suspicious for a medical man. :drag:

Archived