Garston Bridge (Third time lucky)

PjKing1

• RMweb Gold

Although though nothing done yet again, I've been thinking ahead, I think I'm going to use concrete sleepers on the main lines, with wooden sleepers on the up and down slow. They'll also have a cant not much of one but just enough. This time tomorrow I'll either be happy with my first ever working point motor or er not shall we say...

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Right cobalt number one fitted and works!! Although I've only got the point and motor fitted so couldn't tell you if the frog is wired up properly etc but it looks good :)

I've also started getting wiring the point up and soldering the droppers in, didn't think it would take so long two down five to go!!

With a bit of imagination, well a lot, you can see the junction as it will be looking over the wall from the back of the scalescene terraced houses soon to be printed.

post-18716-0-22033900-1392584397_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-83619800-1392584411_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-67324000-1392584446_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Right cobalt number one fitted and works!! Although I've only got the point and motor fitted so couldn't tell you if the frog is wired up properly etc but it looks good :)

I've also started getting wiring the point up and soldering the droppers in, didn't think it would take so long two down five to go!!

With a bit of imagination, well a lot, you can see the junction as it will be looking over the wall from the back of the scalescene terraced houses soon to be printed.

Here's a pic of the cobalt! Knew I'd forgot somet!!

post-18716-0-54709200-1392584657_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Well haven't had chance to get anything done this week, but hopefully if I can pick up three more point motors I can lay the up slow and up fast lines. I've also got the polystyrene so start making the embankment for the terraced houses at the back.

I have though for the first time ever, stripped a loco right down, wheels out an everything, my green 37 wasn't running properly so it was nothing lost, I'll clean existing pick ups and as new ones and I'll rewire it I think, ready for the green 37 project which I've mentioned on my weathering thread. Hopefully I'll have done proper updates soon.

Cheers

Paul

Can't wait to see you laying some more track ,and make progress on terrace and banking.

Intrigued to see how you get on with the 37 .

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Brian

Can't wait either, thing is as soon as the 37 is done I'll wana put sound in it! Which will lead to the question do I Biffo it like my other 37, I personally don't think u can beat a Bif sound chip, or do I try another make, ideally I don't want two 37's sounding exactly the same if u get my drift.

Off to buy the card etc today I need for the mrs to build the terraces so hopefully work will start soon!

Paul

You should message him see if there is a variation or if there's something you can do to change the settings slightly to get it to sound different .im only guessing as I have very little knowledge of dcc sound .hope you get your card and get some houses started .how you going to do the house individual or as a whole row ,me personally I'd cut the shell of the row and work it as one build in stead of doing a house then moving on to the next house and so on ,think ill do a few houses on mine but I'll be awhile yet .

• RMweb Gold

Think they come in rows of four or five could be wrong but goin to have two rows side to side so that should keep her busy for a week or two :D

Good idea about the sound I'll send Bif a message when I get home later. Got a feeling we'll be gettin home with more weddin stuff rather than card for houses though ha

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to anyone following this thread but still nothing done at the moment, what little time I've had has been spent getting carried away repainting and weathering my 37. But having spend an hour watching other peoples layouts on YouTube I really need to get my finger out an get on with this project. Once I've got the point motors and some bits of track (I've got plenty of old flexi but don't trust it!) it'll be full thrash and you won't see me for clag!! Well till the next distraction anyway.

Many thanks Paul

• RMweb Gold

Well over the last few days I've been busy working on the class 37 project, but now that is nearly finished I really need to get in with this layout, I just get carried away with the weathering. Going to try a get a few more point motors this week and get this layout underway properly.

Hard to picture it but these two 37's will thrash their way out of the yard soon.

Cheers

Paul

post-18716-0-64972700-1393795071_thumb.jpg

Guest bri.s

Have you decided on which sound for the 37 yet ,it looks great and cant wait to hear them both start up and get a good thrashing .

brian

• RMweb Gold

Think I'm goin to go for howes, all my others are Biffs so I'll give them a go. Think I'll be a month or two before I get that though, I need to get my act together and get this layout moving, otherwise I'll have nothing to run these trains on!

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Well over the last few days I've been busy working on the class 37 project, but now that is nearly finished I really need to get in with this layout, I just get carried away with the weathering. Going to try a get a few more point motors this week and get this layout underway properly.

Hard to picture it but these two 37's will thrash their way out of the yard soon.

Cheers

Paul

Think the caption should read, D6921 drags a failed D6992 off to the works!!

After it failed miserably tonight on scouser999's great layout. After a bit of hard poking and prodding it growled and juddered off into the shed!! Think it needs another good strip down or possibly a new motor, in the mean time D6921 might be gaining a temporary Biffo sound chip. Having had a play on such a good layout tonight I think I've been given the kick up the backside I need to get something done on here soon!!

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Bob

Can't wait to get going on it properly, off to Presthaven Sands this weekend though but hopefully I can crack on with it Tuesday and Wednesday evening.

Thanks for the compliments

Paul

• RMweb Gold

I picked my AL5 up last June for a bargain off a certain internet auction site whist merry on holiday, wasn't till tonight whilst mucking about I discovered its dcc ready, it wasn't mentioned so presumed it wasn't. I live my diesels but there's something about these early ac's. I can go to bed happy now, just a pity it didn't have a speaker in!!

:D

Paul

Just read thus again it should of read dcc fitted!! :)

• RMweb Gold

Well these arrived yesterday but with having the kids this weekend I don't recon I'll get anything done till a week Saturday. Hopefully if I get an hour or two spare time I'll get all the droppers soldered on to the points ready.

Cheers

Paul

post-18716-0-28035500-1395225129_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Ooh look at those shiny new boxes lol, get one done go on you no you want to :no:

Ha I know I do, but I love my job that much I just can't drag myself away to do them. ;)

I really need to get going again, if I can get the top of the board cleared by fri night (I've been weathering locos on top of it) then I should be able to crack on, I've set a dead line of a week Sunday, I would if said this weekend but I've got the kids so I've got no chance.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

Managed to grab 30 min so tidied up the layout ready for action, I've got one point to wire up and three cobalts to install by the next weekend deadline!! And I think I've got my mojo back (well never really list it just my weathering urge keeps getting the better of me).

So this time next week the plan it's to have at least two lines up and running and a video on here!!

Paul

post-18716-0-76658100-1395587497_thumb.jpg

EE Type 3 trundles across the main lines as it drags two 350hp shunters into Garston sorting sidings.

Archived