Corrugated roof scratch building

Thanks to both of you. I am going to be continuing with my cottage next. I don't want a layout as my mortgage costs me the earth and trains are so expensive! I am looking to build for other people at some point once I have a portfolio built up so this is hopefully the first of a few scratchbuilds I will be doing this year.

Pete

Wow... The shed really looks like a real one... There's no way to say it's a scale model if you don't know it !

And about the terrace houses, this should be really interresting, as I'm about to build some of my own for the shelve diorama I'm building as a "stand-up" for taking pictures of my trains for my book.

I first plan to build those out of Metcalfe printed card, but later will replace each one with final ones with hand-carved foamex stone walls. I'll try to take pictures along the way to create a topic, as the basic structure is quite unusual as it's made out of 1 mm cardboard glued together to form a 3 mm base and 2 mm walls. The terrain for the terrace will be made out of Depron foam board, and I'll use the same material to build the cobblestone streets (I use to carve my cobblestones in this foam material as it's giving out a great result...)

Thanks again for sharing with us,

Eric Sainte,

Liège, Belgium.

Hi Peter, Not sure you could do much to improve it - superb job! The corner bricks line up really well and the weathering is brilliant. Thanks for sharing your building techniques - looking forward to the cottages.

• 6 months later...

Just one small point with the L & B doors, normally the ledge and race would be on the inside, and wouldn't be seen from the outside of a building.

Apart from that, the time and effort you put into these and the results are fantastic, I only hope to get somewhere close to detail like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived