Blueball Summit

andy stroud

35 minutes ago, Cowley 47521 said:

Hi Andy.

I’ve kept this page open for a couple of days and read through it from the beginning to the end now. It’s been really interesting reading all of it and having only properly got into N gauge about three years ago I appreciate threads like this because it shows what can be done with this scale.

It reminds me of my very early childhood in Cornwall in the 1970s I must say.

Thanks for explaining your methods, I might come back and ask some questions at some point!

Nick

Hi Nick, thankyou for your kind comments. I am glad you have enjoyed reading the thread and if you need any assistance then please just ask.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great to get to see the layout at Doncaster, it really does show what can be achieved in a 'small' space. Even though the layout is only about 18" wide there's such a sense of depth that you get from seeing it in real life.

Noticed some little details that sometimes might be missed in photos - such as on one of the sheds there's a missing piece of feather boarding and you can see the studwork of the structure modelled behind. The tiny writing on the side of the coal yard hut must have been quite the challenge.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, andy stroud said:

20220830_223313.jpg.004bb99b9e6bd63b0b89611bf08c0937.jpg

I will be taking my layout to the exhibition which is part of the Swindon Railway Festival at STEAM, Swindon, on the 10th and 11th September.

20220830_222609.jpg.05ac9f5fbe474ef0a0163f59fdfbb1ac.jpg

Thats great to hear Andy

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, andy stroud said:

20220830_223313.jpg.004bb99b9e6bd63b0b89611bf08c0937.jpg

I will be taking my layout to the exhibition which is part of the Swindon Railway Festival at STEAM, Swindon, on the 10th and 11th September.

20220830_222609.jpg.05ac9f5fbe474ef0a0163f59fdfbb1ac.jpg

I have a pass out this weekend so look forward to seeing the layout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see this today. The detail is exceptional.

I have to ask though - I visited your layout three times over a period of time and those 2 x 37’s on the china clay hoods in the loop never moved! Was I just unlucky???

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, IRC said:

Great to see this today. The detail is exceptional.

I have to ask though - I visited your layout three times over a period of time and those 2 x 37’s on the china clay hoods in the loop never moved! Was I just unlucky???

Hi, glad you enjoyed seeing the layout but sorry that you didn't get to see that clay train on the move. It did indeed stretch its legs but I have to admit it did spend a lot of time stabled in the loop. Sometimes there was a ballast train in the loop. There was also a long train of clay wagons running in the other direction.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 6 months later...

Hi

Could I ask you a couple of technical questions, please?

What is the height difference in MM between your higher platform (loading platform) to the front of your station(I saw this in ther video posted on p9 of this thread)?

What is the diameter of your viaduct curves?

I'm modelling Mansfield in the 60's, and it has both a very big viaduct, and a loading bay next to platform 1 of the station.

Thanks in anticipation of a response,

Andy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

They are just great Andy. The subtle finish you have got on the bodies along with the fine stone loads just takes them to another level. Brilliant. 

Bob

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Very inspirational. When i get to seriously looking at constructing the viaduct for mansfield, i'll be in touch to ask you how you did yours? Any photo's of it's construction will be very useful.

Kind regards,

Andy.

• Thanks 1