Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Identity Parade

• RMweb Premium

post-7211-0-17750900-1392913225_thumb.jpgMay I present these two locos for identification 

Firstly the Steam loco. Given to me some years ago, it is all metal, the motor drives vertically to the back wheels, as you can see it is BR late crest and numbered 47160. I believe it may be manufactured on the continent.

Secondly is the electric loco. I found this in a box of bits stripped it down and cleaned it, it runs very smoothly. It has a central can motor that drives through shafts to both bogies and all wheels. It has cab lights. Interestingly it picks up from the wheels but also has a central pickup and can collect power via the pantographs...extremely versatile.

The loco has FS on either cab front and a running tortoise logo on the side. The loco number is E444 015, I have no idea what country it is depicting, however the model is made by Rivarossi in Italy.

I am not an N gauge modeller but and impressed by both locos especially the Electric.

• RMweb Gold

The steam loco is made by Minitrix, with a sort of British outline body on a German chassis, complete with red wheels.

Minitrix described it as a 0-6-0T dock tank.

I think that they date from the time that  Minitrix made some British outline models and they were marketed as Hornby Minitrix.

David

Archived