OO gauge J94 Austerity Tank locomotive

DJM Dave

Further to Mike's posting above, you can now examine the J94 in the flesh in the following model shops.......

C&M Models (Carlisle)

Hattons ( Liverpool)

Lord & Butler ( Cardiff)

Widnes Model Centre ( Widnes)

And Charlie Petty was playing around putting sound into one so you might see that on the DC kits stand at shows.

Cheers

Dave

Further to Mike's posting above, you can now examine the J94 in the flesh in the following model shops.......

C&M Models (Carlisle)

Hattons ( Liverpool)

Lord & Butler ( Cardiff)

And Charlie Petty was playing around putting sound into one so you might see that on the DC kits stand at shows.

Cheers

Dave

Are you exhibiting at Warley Dave?

C&M Models (Carlisle)

Hattons ( Liverpool)

Lord & Butler ( Cardiff)

Cheers

Dave

The model looks spot on, sound easy to fit after trials.  Plenty of room in bunker or smokebox.   Sample now returned to the owner!   Thanks Charlie

• RMweb Premium

I have just watched the Hattons video on YouTube. That looks fantastic. The motor looks incredibly smooth, no jerkiness or jumpiness. Congratulations Dave. This bodes very well for the rest of your upcoming fleet.

Is this a DJM Class 71 please?

Dave

He's hardly likely to be promoting a Hornby one is he.

I asked because it seems to be Brian Hawkins who is bringing it along.

I'm not driving from Gatwick to see it unless I think it's worth it.

Dave

Well he's not bringing mine along that's for sure. :jester:

How would you have one to begin with? They haven't even been tooled up yet.

Hi Hilux,

What havn't been tooled up yet?

If it's the 71, and it's not been tooled up yet, i'm seeing things in front of me at the minute. Mind you, the mushrooms for tea tasted funny so it might just be an illusion!  :jester:  :locomotive:

Saw the J94 in the flesh today at Mike's C&M Carlisle. Looks the business. Plenty of room behind the magnetic smoke box door for ship and speaker. One has been ordered for our 'diesel' layout....!! Watch out Scottish Diesel and Electric Group  there will soon be a kettle in your midst!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks superb, if only Mercig studios carried out the weathering for Bachmann models.

The thing is this, it's ok having a master like Mercig have produced, it's having the factory and the ability within the factory to reproduce this weathering faithfully.

Luckily i have just that, and i feel it's so much better than the generic and inferior 'single pass' of the airbrush in a single colour, so often fobbed off as weathering.

Archived